Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 4/12/2022 7:45:00 AM EDT
I am totally new to AK’s so forgive me.  Is this worth much and is it any good ?
Link Posted: 4/12/2022 8:30:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Is it a wasr? A PSL? It's a Romanian import gun with that stamp.
Link Posted: 4/12/2022 8:38:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/12/2022 8:42:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By kenneth77:
https://imgur.com/a/yMccVQZ
View Quote

Wasr. Decent enough rifles. They were considered bottom of the barrel 10 years ago. Its been funny watching people swear by them now. Back then people laughed at you for buying them. Paid $350 in 2010 for one brand new.
Link Posted: 4/12/2022 8:54:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: _DR] [#4]
Best bang for your buck.

Rob likes it, and he tortures AKs to failure regularly.

WASR 10 - Like a Horny Whore on Payday!

Mine is still going strong. Eats anything and basically indestructible as far as I can tell.
Link Posted: 4/12/2022 9:06:29 AM EDT
[#5]
So I’d get the short end of it trading a browning BAR then.
Link Posted: 4/12/2022 9:11:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: _DR] [#6]
Don't know what BARs are going for now, but new WASR 10s go for at least $850 these days. I had a BAR in .270, honestly I would rather carry around a WASR in the woods. That BAR was a heavy bitch. But thats your call. Pretty rifle for sure, but the BAR was not practical for anything but blind hunting imo.

Rent a WASR at your local range, see what you think. Its a very popular rental rifle since its quite durable.

Link Posted: 4/12/2022 9:12:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Theres no way im trading an AK of any type for a BAR. Well, maybe one type of BAR........
Link Posted: 4/12/2022 9:20:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By MustyWaffles:
Theres no way im trading an AK of any type for a BAR. Well, maybe one type of BAR........
View Quote

Yeah a M1918, even a semi one, is still a heavy bitch, but a very iconic one. Last semi bar I saw for sale was $3800, last transferable one,  $110,000.
Link Posted: 4/12/2022 9:36:09 AM EDT
[#9]
I paid 1100 for it about four years ago.it’s not made anymore and is deer hunting rifle only.
So is the AK I’m asking about better then a new Zastava ZPAP M70 ?
Link Posted: 4/12/2022 9:38:47 AM EDT
[#10]
I paid 1100 for it about four years ago.it’s not made anymore and is deer hunting rifle only.
View Quote

To me? Yes. And i say that because I dont like Zasatvas aftermarket. Id much rather have a "standard" pattern AK.
Link Posted: 4/12/2022 10:17:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: _DR] [#11]
View Quote

To me they are about the same, though the WASR fared slightly better in the torture tests, the Zastava is more cosmetically refined.

As mentioned above, one issue is the WASR is pure AKM, the Zastava is Yugo pattern. AKM accessories like stocks handguards etc are much more common. For example an AKM stock won't fit a Yugo pattern rifle without mods. Zastava does use 1.5mm instead of the 1mm the AKM pattern rifles use for the receiver sheet steel. Slightly less flex maybe, also slightly heavier.
Link Posted: 4/12/2022 11:07:10 AM EDT
[#12]
Semi BAR's are over 6 grand now.
Link Posted: 4/12/2022 11:48:10 AM EDT
[#13]
colt monitor
Link Posted: 4/12/2022 12:15:27 PM EDT
[#14]
I have a Romy wasr 10. It's a fun, reliable AK and has actually surprised me accuracy-wise. I too laugh about back when everyone talked so bad about them and now suddenly they're widely considered a solid, serviceable AKM platform.

That said, I'd do a bit more research regarding the value of your BAR. I'm not very knowledgeable about them, but I have a feeling you could sell it on gunporker, pay cash money for the wasr and come out ahead with a few dollars in your pocket versus a 1 for 1 trade. It does sound like you aren't really using the BAR for much and the ak would be cheaper to feed so you'd like get more fun and use out of the ak.
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 7:46:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: kenneth77] [#15]
Originally Posted By Bounce19712:
colt monitor
View Quote

Those are a little more that i am looking for .
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 7:52:26 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By MallNinja531:
I have a Romy wasr 10. It's a fun, reliable AK and has actually surprised me accuracy-wise. I too laugh about back when everyone talked so bad about them and now suddenly they're widely considered a solid, serviceable AKM platform.

That said, I'd do a bit more research regarding the value of your BAR. I'm not very knowledgeable about them, but I have a feeling you could sell it on gunporker, pay cash money for the wasr and come out ahead with a few dollars in your pocket versus a 1 for 1 trade. It does sound like you aren't really using the BAR for much and the ak would be cheaper to feed so you'd like get more fun and use out of the ak.
View Quote

I am finding that i can buy one of the  CN Romarm SA/CUGIR for around 600-800 so i think i would be a little short on the trade. Thanks for the input all , i think i may try and just sell my BAR and look into a little better AK and if anyone has any input as to what is a better one to get i'm all ears.
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top