Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 4/13/2020 5:15:44 PM EDT
Can I get some info on this. I’m new to the AK world and traded a HK P30 9mm for it. Was told it was the Zastava m70a2 with the 1.5mm receiver and when I checked it out every thing seemed to match up. When I got home on closer inspection I see it m70ab2t and sporter. What’s the difference between the two? Did I do ok in the trade? I spent just over $500 on the p30 so I was in it pretty cheap, in the trade I got the rifle, 5 mags, bayonet, grenade launcher, and a little cap he said was for shooting blanks. I researched on the m70ab2 and saw that CAI imported them and contracted them out to be built by someone else and they were good. I don’t see any information on the M70ab2t sporter. Is it as good? The rifle looks unfired or maybe fired very little.

https://m.imgur.com/a/dqYAVDp
Link Posted: 4/13/2020 5:38:47 PM EDT
[#1]
To be a correct M70 A2 it should have the bulged trunnion like in this pic.  (not my rifle)

It appears to have a 1mm receiver not the 1.5 as the bulged trunnion indicates the heaver receiver.  Either way at $500 you still did good.  
Enjoy the rifle.  

Link Posted: 4/13/2020 5:49:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Well my fault for being in a careless on checking it better
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 12:00:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Don't fire rifle grenades on that frame as that is why they changed the receiver from the 1mm slab sided unit to the bulged RPK 1.5mm style. The one you have will push out the rivets in the rear trunnion. Other than that, it is a good rifle to own & shoot. I have one of the same type as you have that was a kit & I built it on a NDS receiver many years ago. Enjoy yours.
Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top