Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 5/3/2021 6:22:16 PM EDT
I’ve wanted one of these for awhile, one popped up locally and I got it.  Pristine condition with the bayonet and sling.

I paid too much but it’s ok I wanted it.

This one has the gas block for use with grenade launcher.

Now, who knows which position is regular and which is grenade launch mode?

And if I shoot it in the wrong switch position, will I die?

A:

Attachment Attached File

Or B:

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/3/2021 9:02:22 PM EDT
[#1]
nice,  always regretted not getting one of those. I remember when they were like $499 and not much interest in them. at the time the launcher kits and armorers kits were also available

the valve is nothing but a complete shutoff and if you shoot it in the off position the rifle will not cycle and basically becomes a straight pull AK. it won't damage it.

Link Posted: 5/3/2021 9:28:53 PM EDT
[#2]
They are nice.
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 10:07:04 PM EDT
[#3]
If not rude, do you mind if I ask "How Much?"

It's a Beauty - For Sure!!
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 10:56:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
nice,  always regretted not getting one of those. I remember when they were like $499 and not much interest in them. at the time the launcher kits and armorers kits were also available

the valve is nothing but a complete shutoff and if you shoot it in the off position the rifle will not cycle and basically becomes a straight pull AK. it won't damage it.

View Quote

Thank you for that information!

Link Posted: 5/3/2021 11:00:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
If not rude, do you mind if I ask "How Much?"

It's a Beauty - For Sure!!
View Quote

Not rude at all, thanks I really like it.
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 11:02:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Are they original park or blued?  Real Polish receiver?
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 11:10:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Are they original park or blued?  Real Polish receiver?
View Quote

Parkerized.  US made receiver, Tapco G2 double hook are USA parts.  I believe Century also had a US slant brake on them in the box.

Some had solid wood stocks, some laminate.  Some had the grenade gas blocks some did not.
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 8:47:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Nice looking AK!
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 3:33:50 PM EDT
[#9]
missed the boat on these
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 4:09:41 PM EDT
[#10]
I had one with the slant brake and without the grenade launcher fsp. Miss that rifle every year, I screwed up and let it go years back.
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 4:32:46 PM EDT
[#11]
I missed out getting one of those. I wanted a Polish AK and went with an AKM underfolder, but I wish I would have sucked up the cost and gotten both. Beautiful rifle you have there.
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 6:01:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Congratulations OP on your Polish 1960!

I was fortunate enough to find and buy one in may of 2010, no grenade equipment. I really knew little about the milled Polish AK's but I really liked the looks of the 1960, and I owned no milled AK's at that time. The receiver on mine was made by ATM.

My 1960 has performed perfectly and I consider it the most enjoyable AK I have to shoot, partly due to the weight. It also cycles so smoothly!

I hope you enjoy yours as much as I have mine.
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 8:13:34 PM EDT
[#13]
This receiver was made by ATM as well.

I did forget to mention that the action is butter smooth.

Thanks everyone.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 11:05:39 AM EDT
[#14]
The knob of shut off valve usually lines up with the port. If it's parallel with the barrel is shut, if it's 90 degrees to the barrel it's open.

To find out for sure, take the gas tube off and shine in it. Look down the barrel turn the valve. When you see light, it's open.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 7:24:45 PM EDT
[#15]
That is awesome! Nice find!!
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 7:33:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
The knob of shut off valve usually lines up with the port. If it's parallel with the barrel is shut, if it's 90 degrees to the barrel it's open.

To find out for sure, take the gas tube off and shine in it. Look down the barrel turn the valve. When you see light, it's open.
View Quote

Thanks for that info.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 6:43:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Nice score OP.

Like others, I wish I had picked one up when they were easy to find.

I guess I'll have to make do with some Polish furniture for my milled AK. When it's available again.
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 3:33:17 PM EDT
[#18]
FINALLY got this gun out to shoot.  

I have to say it’s maybe the best shooting AK I’ve had.  Very accurate and “smooth”, not sure how to describe it.

Nice 3 inch group at 50 yards, which is great for me.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/21/2021 7:42:45 AM EDT
[#19]
if you've never shot a milled AK before, they are noticeably smoother than their stamped brothers.

Was always intrigued by these Polish rifles.
Link Posted: 6/21/2021 9:35:30 AM EDT
[#20]
I picked one up years ago (local sale ~$500) then got the full grenade launcher kit from Apex, found some blanks, and then found some inert projectiles.  I have not tried shooting the projectiles as I expect I would never be able to replace them.
Link Posted: 6/21/2021 11:50:07 AM EDT
[#21]
Nice find.

" />

" />

Purchased this one in 2011 for $650.00 OTD.
Link Posted: 6/21/2021 4:55:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Oh my those prices.  I paid much more!
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top