Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/9/2018 8:39:05 PM EDT
Anyone have one. I just picked up a 11mil factory 26 type 56. It is a undocumented bring back. Papers lost over the years. If you do does you have wear marks in the wood that look like crescents in addition to normal dents chips and wear. I wonder if there was a peice of equipment the NVA carried on thier belt webbing that make those marks. They always seem to be near the middle of the stock under the chamber. This is just a example and not my rifle.
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 8:51:08 PM EDT
[#1]
I always thought those were from the charging handle of the rifle next to it in the crate.
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 8:56:57 PM EDT
[#2]
That’s possible I have seen some pretty substantial ones even deeper into the wood. Just figured maybe they were from something they carried. A lot of the new imports have perfect stocks.

Link Posted: 1/9/2018 9:58:50 PM EDT
[#3]
It is from charging handles. I have a Sino Russo one from arsenal 26 that looks like it
was sitting in piles of other rifles.
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 10:24:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It is from charging handles. I have a Sino Russo one from arsenal 26 that looks like it
was sitting in piles of other rifles.
View Quote
Makes sense after a big battle the troops stacking all the dead enemies weapons in a pile. Mine must behind the guy with a RPG.

Link Posted: 2/14/2018 4:13:58 AM EDT
[#5]
I brought 2 SKSs home from Viet Nam - a ruskie and an NVA.  I sent a 3rd one (chicom) home with a friend.  I have war trophy papers for all 3.  
I later acquired an east German, which I also have trophy papers for from the guy I bought it from.  
The SKSs have been hanging on my living room wall since 1970.  In this photo only the bayonets of the ruskie u. east German are viseable.  All 4 are in the other photo.

I also brought home the flag and grenade - it was never loaded, found in a cache we discovered.  
In addition I also brought home a ruskie Makerov, chicom Tokerov and Browning Hi-Power pistols.  I also have  trophy papers for all 3 of these.  The Browning I took to VN with me and declared it as a trophy so I could bring it home w/o a hassel.  That one makes an interesting display as I have the bill of sale from a gun shop outside Ft Lewis, Wn and less than a year later war trophy papers from VN for the same pistol.  I carried the Browning almost daily while in country.  I used a Canadian paratroop web holster that also held an extra mag that I had acquired somewhere.  
Can't find my photos of the Browning or tokerov.  
Sarge  
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 7:08:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Damn those are some cool rifles, thank you for sharing sir.
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 12:43:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Damn those are some cool rifles, thank you for sharing sir.
View Quote
This.

Beautiful...
Link Posted: 3/20/2018 2:39:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Cool Sarge, thanks for sharing.   Glad u took advantage of the war trophy law.

Been reading a lot of books about personal accounts from folks from Vietnam war.   Had 2 uncles spend some time there.   One with the 101st.
Other uncle no one really knows.
Link Posted: 4/27/2018 9:43:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Without papers is is just another Chinese SKS (and a story).
Link Posted: 4/27/2018 10:00:23 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I brought 2 SKSs home from Viet Nam - a ruskie and an NVA.  I sent a 3rd one (chicom) home with a friend.  I have war trophy papers for all 3.  
I later acquired an east German, which I also have trophy papers for from the guy I bought it from.  
The SKSs have been hanging on my living room wall since 1970.  In this photo only the bayonets of the ruskie u. east German are viseable.  All 4 are in the other photo.

I also brought home the flag and grenade - it was never loaded, found in a cache we discovered.  
In addition I also brought home a ruskie Makerov, chicom Tokerov and Browning Hi-Power pistols.  I also have  trophy papers for all 3 of these.  The Browning I took to VN with me and declared it as a trophy so I could bring it home w/o a hassel.  That one makes an interesting display as I have the bill of sale from a gun shop outside Ft Lewis, Wn and less than a year later war trophy papers from VN for the same pistol.  I carried the Browning almost daily while in country.  I used a Canadian paratroop web holster that also held an extra mag that I had acquired somewhere.  
Can't find my photos of the Browning or tokerov.  
Sarge  
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/49153/Lvg_rm_wall_1-451514.JPG https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/49153/4_SKSs-451513.JPG https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/49153/rus_Mak__2-451518.JPG
View Quote
Thanks for sharing, awesome collection and great story.
Link Posted: 4/27/2018 11:44:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote
That’s quite the definitive statement. Do you have a lot of experience with Vietnam bringbacks? And how much experience do you have with the “papers” you mention?
Link Posted: 4/28/2018 11:22:05 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
That’s quite the definitive statement. Do you have a lot of experience with Vietnam bringbacks? And how much experience do you have with the “papers” you mention?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I’ll disagree with that statement.  A bring back with documentation always sells as it should. However, an obvious bring back without documentation will bring a premium over any run of the mill firearm. Knowing what you’re looking at is always good.
Link Posted: 4/28/2018 7:23:41 PM EDT
[#13]
You shell out the money- the seller will only chuckle.

Without definitive proof (valid paperwork) there is no way to verify it is an actual bring back. You ARE buying "the story" .

You should have heard some of the stories I have heard at gun shows!  I've got a Romanian AKM (on a Nodak Spud receiver) that I was told was used in Vietnam! :O) Anyone want to buy it?
Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top