Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/25/2020 9:11:06 PM EDT
It’s time to try a side folder M4 style stock on my Saiga 12. No places seem to have it in stock except Bonesteel but this  oldlink gives me pause.

Anybody bought from them lately?
Link Posted: 3/25/2020 9:15:34 PM EDT
[#1]
I ordered a stock maybe 2 months ago. Took about a month to arrive, but it's pretty nice.
Link Posted: 3/25/2020 10:34:40 PM EDT
[#2]
I like the Magpul Zhukov stock for an inexpensive folding and collapsible stock with QD socket. They aren't bad on the eyes on the Saiga-12.
Link Posted: 3/26/2020 6:42:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Chris Bonesteel here.  
We are running pretty far behind at the moment, but have recently tripled production to try and keep up with demand,  wait times are a little high, but are slowly coming down.
Link Posted: 3/26/2020 8:21:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Good to hear it, thanks. Just placed an order.

For some stupid reason I am not capable of thinking past one issue at a time on this Saiga. As soon as I fix one little part something else immediately jumps out needing attention.
Link Posted: 3/28/2020 8:05:08 PM EDT
[#5]
I have three Bonesteel folders.   They are good to go.

2Hut8
Link Posted: 3/29/2020 9:29:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Yeah I’ve heard they are excellent from many sources. I just don’t want to wait a month or more to receive it. Probably have corona zombies by then,

Currently it has the fab defense recoil absorbing M4 style adapter. It was on clearance. Seemed like a good idea but it was described as a mil spec size. No normal stocks I have will install over it without excessive force. Like mortaring off the floor repeatedly to close it level of force. Even commercial spec stocks. The only stock that will fit is the fab defense recoil absorbing stock. So it has almost two inches of bounce like a freaking pogo stick.
Link Posted: 3/29/2020 11:23:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Bonesteel is great.

Also check CNC Warrior and Atlantic Firearms. They might have it in stock.
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 5:40:51 AM EDT
[#8]
I ordered mine a few years ago.  I ordered them at different times for different rifles.   Each time their website gave a reasonably accurate description of the wait times expected.   I did have to wait a couple of weeks to receive each one.   They were worth the wait.  

2Hut8
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 11:18:23 PM EDT
[#9]
@obiwanbonjovi

Do you email tracking info when items ship? Just want to make sure I don’t miss it and it posted a couple weeks ago. Apparently I didn’t create an account and cannot check on your site.
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 3:37:40 PM EDT
[#10]
The account system on my website is a joke, never has worked, but i am unable to get rid of it, without an entirely new system.  I apologize for that.
Yes, you will get an email with tracking when item ships.  
Still running considerably behind, but starting to get caught up now. Have a huge shipment of parts coming in tomorrow, that will go a very long way in getting us caught up.
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 6:54:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 12:52:50 AM EDT
[#12]
My bad. Thanks for the reply.

Got a new USPS driver and already having issues.
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 9:43:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Have a Bonesteel M4 on my AES-10B.  It broke one rubber mallet installing.  It's very solid and fantastic.

Link Posted: 4/24/2020 7:01:52 AM EDT
[#14]
Thanks for all the reviews. If it wasn’t top quality I wouldn’t put it on a defensive weapon. That was never in doubt. All I actually wanted to know if the post I linked was accurate. Seems like it is. Carolina Shooters has had it in stock since late March. And when I look they rub my face in it with more helpful reminders. Jerks. Looks like I’ll be waiting over a month for it for ordering straight from the inventor. Ironic but at maybe it supports him better. Maybe it comes with a sticker or is even a better product somehow. He isn’t allowed to reply now so it would be a real jerk move to imply otherwise when he cannot even respond.

Sorry for getting you called out Chris. I’m excited to use the stock. Even if it doesn’t come with a sticker.
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 4:40:51 PM EDT
[#15]
It arrived today. Who’s sexy now?  

Fit perfectly. A little snug with no fitting required.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 12:01:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Hsimpson, that's nice! Very sexy AK.

I'm a huge fan of the Bonesteel/CNC Warrior stocks. They are really stout and easy to use/install. I've had these three on my Saigas for a few years now, and have two more on order to SBR my AK-V and AK-P. Hopefully, I'll get them by the time my Form 1 goes through.

Link Posted: 5/3/2020 12:09:20 AM EDT
[#17]
Nice. That plum is gorgeous! All I ever saw was the Zhukov stocks. Painted? Coated?
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 8:08:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nice. That plum is gorgeous! All I ever saw was the Zhukov stocks. Painted? Coated?
View Quote
Thanks!  The handguard is plum K-var, the pistol grip is plum Magpul, the stock is an FDE Magpul that I dyed with Rit dye (because they don't make plum stocks for ARs).  If you do this, don't dye gray plastic, use FDE.  Some gray plastics just turn blue or bright purple.

I had a thread on it over on akfiles: https://www.akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=254672

TLDR: I used about 2/3 brown and 1/3 wine.
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 11:49:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Chris Bonesteel is good to go. I felt the same way when I first saw the site. But that guy is putting all his creative juices on products. Quality stuff. He is quite active on several forums and not hard to get a hold of.
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 4:10:59 AM EDT
[#20]
That dye job is outstanding. I’ll try it sometime soon.
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 2:41:16 PM EDT
[#21]
I’d like to get one of these stocks for my WASR. How difficult is it to fire the weapon and operate the controls with the stock folded to the right?

Awesome pics, all y’all, btw. Those stocks DO look sexy

Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 4:25:18 PM EDT
[#22]
With right hand fold basically it’s impossible to manipulate the selector. And some left hand folders won’t clear the optic rail. The Bonesteel with wide left fold doesn’t impede anything except folding to the completely locked forward position with optic or drum mag. You can still fold it to shorten it for stowing compactly but it would be flopping around.

If you want to fold the right and have it operable the East German or Romanian wire stock would be better. Not great but better. It kinda sucks for cheekweld so they get wrapped in paracord.
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 1:13:30 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By HSimpson:
With right hand fold basically it’s impossible to manipulate the selector. And some left hand folders won’t clear the optic rail. The Bonesteel with wide left fold doesn’t impede anything except folding to the completely locked forward position with optic or drum mag. You can still fold it to shorten it for stowing compactly but it would be flopping around. 

If you want to fold the right and have it operable the East German or Romanian wire stock would be better. Not great but better. It kinda sucks for cheekweld so they get wrapped in paracord.
View Quote

Thank you for the info, HSimpson. I was going to buy one of those wire stocks from Desert Fox Sales, but they’re out of stock at the moment. The Bonesteel is a very nice unit and its made here, so that’s the direction I’d like to go. And I do intend to mount an optic, most likely a red dot.

Cheers

Link Posted: 5/7/2020 12:52:51 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I'd like to get one of these stocks for my WASR. How difficult is it to fire the weapon and operate the controls with the stock folded to the right?
View Quote
So I'm holding my AK with the Galil style right now. With the stock folded to the right, I can get to the selector by pushing it down behind the stock with my thumb. That's not a problem, the stock doesn't latch closed, so it just moves out of the way.  As far as charging the weapon. I use my thumb again. I can wrap my fingers around the top bar of the stock to pull it a little bit away from the rifle.

Even though it might be more awkward to shoot with it folded (and honestly how likely is it that you will need to do that?) I like the right hand fold better and this is one reason why I prefer these stocks to the Russian style side folders even though the Russian triangles are very sexy. For one, I use the side rail on every AK that has one. RS Regulate mounts live on my AKs and the left side fold doesn't work well with side rail mounts.  

I also shoot a lot out doors in the woods is a sling is like a holster for my rifle. I like to fold the stock when I'm slinging the rifle. It makes it more compact. With the right fold, I can unfold the stock right in front of me while it's slung.  It's also more comfortable with the stock on the outside rather than between me and the rifle.
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 12:57:16 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
If you want to fold the right and have it operable the East German or Romanian wire stock would be better. Not great but better. It kinda sucks for cheekweld so they get wrapped in paracord.
View Quote
Yeah, I have one of those too. I occasionally use it on my SAR1.  It's definitely not the most comfortable to shoot extended (though not horrible), but it is easier to manipulate the controls when folded.

They are cool stocks though. Really tough and impressively simple. They are much better than an underfolder.
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 2:13:00 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By dmk0210:
So I'm holding my AK with the Galil style right now. With the stock folded to the right, I can get to the selector by pushing it down behind the stock with my thumb. That's not a problem, the stock doesn't latch closed, so it just moves out of the way.  As far as charging the weapon. I use my thumb again. I can wrap my fingers around the top bar of the stock to pull it a little bit away from the rifle.

Even though it might be more awkward to shoot with it folded (and honestly how likely is it that you will need to do that?) I like the right hand fold better and this is one reason why I prefer these stocks to the Russian style side folders even though the Russian triangles are very sexy. For one, I use the side rail on every AK that has one. RS Regulate mounts live on my AKs and the left side fold doesn't work well with side rail mounts.  

I also shoot a lot out doors in the woods is a sling is like a holster for my rifle. I like to fold the stock when I'm slinging the rifle. It makes it more compact. With the right fold, I can unfold the stock right in front of me while it's slung.  It's also more comfortable with the stock on the outside rather than between me and the rifle.
View Quote

Thank you for your post. And I agree, its unlikely I’ll be firing the weapon while the stock is folded. On the other hand, its good to have the ability to do so, just in case. Like you, I would like to keep it as compact as possible while carrying it and keep the side rail usable at the same time.

Cheers.
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 2:14:36 AM EDT
[#27]
Yeah, I have one of those too. I occasionally use it on my SAR1.  It's definitely not the most comfortable to shoot extended (though not horrible), but it is easier to manipulate the controls when folded.

They are cool stocks though. Really tough and impressively simple. They are much better than an underfolder.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By HSimpson:
If you want to fold the right and have it operable the East German or Romanian wire stock would be better. Not great but better. It kinda sucks for cheekweld so they get wrapped in paracord.
Yeah, I have one of those too. I occasionally use it on my SAR1.  It's definitely not the most comfortable to shoot extended (though not horrible), but it is easier to manipulate the controls when folded.

They are cool stocks though. Really tough and impressively simple. They are much better than an underfolder.

I agree. It looks like Desert Fox has them back in stock, I just might get one after all in addition to the order I placed with Chris yesterday.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top