BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 4/28/2023 12:29:41 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/28/2023 4:16:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Just once I want to see someone open the top cover.
Link Posted: 4/28/2023 6:16:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Rebuilt it? Why? What was wrong with it? I have no idea who this guy is.
Link Posted: 4/28/2023 6:34:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/28/2023 10:33:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Rebuilt it? Why? What was wrong with it? I have no idea who this guy is.
View Quote

Early production 74 that “showed concerning wear” on the trunnion and bolt. Take it for what it’s worth. There was never a gauge test and he stated it seems to continue shooting fine. PSA updated everything to new production parts.
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 12:27:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

He posts some trunnion and bolt pics early in the video linked above.
View Quote

I guess I should've watched the video instead of skimming through it

He sent the rifle back to PSA over nothing

Almost like someone needs to make a writeup on what is acceptable BCG/trunnion wear on AKs and why it happens
Link Posted: 4/30/2023 1:24:02 PM EDT
[#6]
He shot over 10k rounds on it and sent it back for a refresh.
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 8:00:00 AM EDT
[#7]
He is a former Ranger, does a lot of AK and airsoft videos.  Seems to favor AK’s, he has been Rusfor/Militia at milsim west events and seems to know Russian gear and uniforms pretty well.  

So he may not be an expert on how they are built or fixed, but has a lot of trigger time on them compared to most folks.  And he has a number of deployments under his belt too, so kind of knows what he is doing.

10k rounds on an early PSA trunnion/bolt…yeah I would take a free upgrade to the current specs also…

Link Posted: 5/6/2023 12:24:12 PM EDT
[#8]
His 74 was a first run that PSA did. He mentioned in a earlier video that it ran fine so he didn’t send it to get fixed. Glad he did. I enjoy his channel.
Link Posted: 5/6/2023 7:56:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Blue Jean has been putting out great content. I really do enjoy his videos and experience he shares and the fact that he's willing to the run the gun hard and show people that an American made company that will fulfill our desires, even with import restrictions. It makes it more enjoyable that he favors the AK platform.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top