Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 2/18/2018 7:22:44 PM EDT
I’m normally an AR15 guy, however I am looking to get into the ak market. I’ve finally decided that I am wanting and underfolder 7.62. I’ve been looking at classic Firearms, Atlantic Firearms and preppersgunshop.

This model from preppers looks nice.
https://www.preppergunshop.com/cent-npap-df-7-62x39-underfolder-30rd

Is this a good model? Forged trunions, I’ve been reading and obviously stay away from IO and high standard. Are these century Npap quality builds? It’s not going to be shot a lot but for a SHTF rifle, I would want it to last.

I don’t have a large budget set aside for this. I’ve been looking around the $600 price range.

I love the red wood of this Romanian model from Atlantic
http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/component/virtuemart/shipping-rifles/aa-romanian-uf-red-detail.html?Itemid=0

It’s a little higher than I want to pay plus I hate the look of the foregrip but the red wood is nice. Is the quality of the Romanian a lot higher than the Npap?

Any advice would be nice.

Also the rifle would need to have bayonet lugs as I want to put the bayonet knife on it mostly for looks.
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 7:38:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 7:53:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Have you shot an underfolder? The reason I ask is because they take some getting used to, the cheek weld is non existent, I thought I wanted one as well, but when I shot one, I hated the "cheek weld". I saved up a bit more

and bought an Arsenal side folder..just something to think about.
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 8:01:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Cheekweld is not an issue. I have shot fixed stock and underfolder in the past. I’m used to mp5 wire stocks.

I also seen this kit, I could order the wood and install a trigger kit. Videos look simple when installing triggers. It’s a Romanian barreled receiver kit.

http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/component/virtuemart/shipping-rifles/aam-romanian-uf-barreled-receiver-detail.html?Itemid=0
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 12:19:29 AM EDT
[#4]
the best DEAL is probably an N-PAP DF .. (just make sure to change out the recoil spring as the one it comes with is WAY under sprung)... $538 shipped from TRS outfitters and it's built rather well. Mine is a dream

the best underfolder out there is probably the SAM7 UF, but it's also $1200-$1300....
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 8:28:18 AM EDT
[#5]
I've had a couple of Yugo underfolders.  Another thing that you may consider is the Yugo is a factory built rifle but do they still have the bayonet lugs?  I don't remember on the ones I had.  The Romanian gun linked are parts guns.  Maybe a factor in your decision.  David
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 10:12:19 AM EDT
[#6]
I would look into the Atlantic build Romanian underfolders over the century arms hungarian underfolders. Unfortunately there isn't much info out on the forums yet regarding high round count on the Atlantic Romanian builds.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 2:02:58 PM EDT
[#7]
The NPAP-DF is very nice. Only drawback is that the barrel is not chrome lined.  For me that's not an issue.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 12:13:37 AM EDT
[#8]
I decided to try out Atlantic's Romanian UF DIY kit.  Comes as a barreled receiver, you provide the wood and FCG.  I plan on leaving the finish as is.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 5:09:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Let me know how it works out.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 10:14:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The NPAP-DF is very nice. Only drawback is that the barrel is not chrome lined.  For me that's not an issue.
View Quote
Are the trunions forged or cast? What is the extended life span of the rifle.

I’m debating on buying a com bloc wasr 10. If the Npap will last more than 5000 rounds then I am willing to buy it but I don’t want it to crap out quickly.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 10:37:29 PM EDT
[#11]
I’m basically at the point of that I just want an ak47 7.62 that will run. I’m not going to spend $1000 as this thing will just sit 99% of its life in the safe but I will go higher than my original $600 price range. If a wasr10 is the way to go then so be it. I just like the underfolders and side folders. I need long term reliability. I don’t want crap but at the same time not a high priced safe queen. I refuse to buy something that is made of cast parts as we have seen cast trunions and cast bolts seem to be taking a nose dive into the toilet around the 5000 round mark.

Any real solid advice on models would be great. I can even get one with the goofy front wood grip, I can just cut it off, sand it smooth and restain the hand guards if need be.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 11:19:19 PM EDT
[#12]
NPAP DF if you want an underfolder
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top