Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/9/2022 10:16:53 PM EDT
I use a ks-47 to hunt pigs.  10.5 in ch barrel suppressed.   It will randomly jam and is a dirty girl.  So dirty you have to clean out the mags and ammo you don’t shoot when done.  I can’t have it jamming up when I am on the ground with pigs.  I was wanting to try a brass Case new manufacture.  Not to concerned with price but I’m buying in bulk. Any thoughts.   My front runner is sgammo privi m67 2019 manufacture.   I’ve seen some others but know nothing about them. Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/10/2022 12:47:52 PM EDT
[#1]
I would highly recommend Federal Fusion MSR if money is no object.

Much better terminal performance than a FMJ and has a bonded core bullet for deep penetration while still offering great expansion.

I would recommend ANY softpoint over a FMJ in hunting situations.

I wouldn't go as far as to recommend Hornady SST though.

The plastic tip causes too rapid expansion and not enough penetration in my opinion.
Link Posted: 1/11/2022 1:34:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I would highly recommend Federal Fusion MSR if money is no object.

Much better terminal performance than a FMJ and has a bonded core bullet for deep penetration while still offering great expansion.

I would recommend ANY softpoint over a FMJ in hunting situations.

I wouldn't go as far as to recommend Hornady SST though.

The plastic tip causes too rapid expansion and not enough penetration in my opinion.
View Quote

I haven't been able to find 7.62x39 fusion in stock anywhere. Got a line on some by chance?
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 10:23:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Bought the M67 contract over run privi FMJ from sgammo.   I haven’t shot it yet but it looks great is is vacuume sealed.   If it shoots like it looks I’ll be very happy.
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 6:15:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Bought the M67 contract over run privi FMJ from sgammo.   I haven’t shot it yet but it looks great is is vacuume sealed.   If it shoots like it looks I’ll be very happy.
View Quote

Only shot the older corrosive primed M67 and it's great ammo.  The modern M67 looks very tempting, but have not heard much about it.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 12:31:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Took it to the range.  Very happy with the new ammo.   I’m running a PSA ks47 10.5 inch with suppressor for pig hunting.  Using 20 year old wolf Non suppressed it would run just fine but get dirty fast.   Suppressed it seems to clog up after 1 mag.   The privi m67 brass cased military over run is very different. Almost no smoke very consistent feeding.  I didn’t have a thermal specific target but I was able to group around 2 moa at 100.  No failures of any type.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 1:01:17 AM EDT
[#6]
I have started buying some Norma brass cased rounds from normashooting.com.

https://normashooting.com/shop/caliber/rifle/7-62x39/7-62x39-124-gr-fmj-norma-tactical/
Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top