Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/21/2017 1:19:51 AM EDT
Price is not an issue. What's the best brake out there for killing muzzle flip.
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 1:57:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Precision Armament M-11 Severe Duty - M-11 Muzzle Brake

Sorry, mobile site won't let me hot link.  

ETA - Fixed from work.  

Also, Check This Out  

The M-11 Severe Duty Muzzle Brake is Precision Armament's .308 version of their 1st place winning 5.56 muzzle brake, the M4-72 Severe Duty, which is featured in the link above.
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 9:31:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 2:48:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Read up on the m4. sounds really nice. I was looking for something as effective as the tapco slot brake but without all the silly play. REAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLY like what I see out of Precision Armament. Nice stuff. Might roll with the m4 variant this year when I get my arsenal.
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 12:46:02 AM EDT
[#4]
I had a PA M4-72 on my AR.  It redirects a fuck load of concussion and gas to the operator and anyone around him.   While extremely effective at its purpose, I couldn't see the advantage in recoil reduction when it felt like unburnt gun powder was hitting my face and arms during every shot not to mention of you ever had to use the rifle without ear pro on(Which I like to test once)your ears will be ringing for days.  Needless to say it went up on the EE.
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 8:30:31 PM EDT
[#5]
PWS FSC47 Mod 2.0
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 10:11:22 PM EDT
[#6]
I have one of these on my Sam7 and love it.

http://www.akoperatorsunionlocal4774.com/2014/09/ak-47-akm-krum-muzzle-brake-review/
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 12:37:13 PM EDT
[#7]
I use either the Spike's Dynacomp or the Definitive Arms Fighter Brake . Both are equally amazing in their own rights. But, I can tell ya that with the Spikes on my DDI Hungarian (x39) I had very little muzzle rise. I was cloverleafing with match ammo at 200 yards. My daughter who was 18 at the time was shooting it unsupported at 30 yards and made ALL head and chest shots. She's 5'&3/4" tall and 112lbs. It was more than manageable for her.

The DA Fighter Brake is another great option.
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 3:25:09 AM EDT
[#8]
DA Fighter Brake. I love mine.
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 3:32:12 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I use either the Spike's Dynacomp or the Definitive Arms Fighter Brake . Both are equally amazing in their own rights. But, I can tell ya that with the Spikes on my DDI Hungarian (x39) I had very little muzzle rise. I was cloverleafing with match ammo at 200 yards. My daughter who was 18 at the time was shooting it unsupported at 30 yards and made ALL head and chest shots. She's 5'&3/4" tall and 112lbs. It was more than manageable for her.

The DA Fighter Brake is another great option.
View Quote
Is there such a thing as match ammo for an AK?

Semi serious question.
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 12:50:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Semi serious question.
View Quote
Yes. Lapua makes some as well as some other companies in the US.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 7:02:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Lapua.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 7:06:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Semi serious question.
You know, I have always read or was told that brass cased 7.62x39 ammo cannot give good groups from an AK. I need to go pick up some as well as various steel cased and do a comparison.

Was I mislead?
Link Posted: 9/27/2017 6:39:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Regarding match ammunition accuracy; watch the barrels whipping around like wet noodles.

[youtube]https://youtu.be/y3zX3L6lcxg[/youtube]
Link Posted: 10/30/2017 8:04:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Sputnik by Strela hands down.
You can pick these up at Legion, sometimes KVAR, 4range, Or at Strela Ukraine.

http://strela.in.ua/en/katalog/ak/dtk_sputnik_762/
Link Posted: 10/31/2017 2:48:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Regarding match ammunition accuracy; watch the barrels whipping around like wet noodles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=https://youtu.be/y3zX3L6lcxg
View Quote
Most service rifles do that, to include the M16. There's a reason rifles designed for accurate/sustained fire use heavier barrels. I was able to get 1.762 MOA using one of my AK-74's using surplus 7n6 for the 1 MOA All Day challenge. So I'd imagine it would do better with match ammo.
Link Posted: 10/31/2017 2:51:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
You know, I have always read or was told that brass cased 7.62x39 ammo cannot give good groups from an AK. I need to go pick up some as well as various steel cased and do a comparison.

Was I mislead?
View Quote
I'm going to go ahead and say that those people have no idea what they're talking about. I can't see any reason that brass cased ammo wouldn't group in relation to steel cased ammo, unless the brass ammo was just that poorly made. That's along the same lines of people that claim the AK was only designed to shoot steel cased ammo, which is also BS.
Link Posted: 11/5/2017 8:52:43 AM EDT
[#17]
Much of this is an optical illusion . You can do this with a pencil . pure BS !
Link Posted: 11/5/2017 8:59:10 AM EDT
[#18]
If you want accuracy  . You must first start out with a good barrel. Most AK's are put together with used parts kits that are unknown how many rounds down the pipe.Most AK's don't have chrome lined barrels. you really don't know unless you buy a new AK . Arsenal sells new Bulgarians , Vepr's ,Saiga's . This is a good start.
Link Posted: 11/5/2017 5:37:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Most AK's don't have chrome lined barrels.
View Quote
I think you mean the opposite.
Link Posted: 12/23/2017 5:47:22 PM EDT
[#20]
edit
Link Posted: 1/1/2018 12:31:04 AM EDT
[#21]
Bought a definitive arms based on this thread. Thanks! (I think)
Link Posted: 1/1/2018 10:00:48 AM EDT
[#22]
The Fighter brake?  Is it the 24mm one (like for SLR rifles) or the 14x1 LH one?  I just bought the 24mm one a few days ago from AKOU and am eagerly awaiting its arrival.
Link Posted: 1/1/2018 11:22:14 AM EDT
[#23]
Muscles
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 3:33:31 PM EDT
[#24]
SRVV
Fighter Brake
Strela Sputnik
Bulgarian 4pc Flash Hider
Epsilon

All these are G2G.
Link Posted: 4/12/2018 11:28:17 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 4/16/2018 4:48:48 PM EDT
[#26]
Pshaw...still have yet to see one of these expensive brakes do anything better than a Tapco slot brake will do, it's marketing hype, muzzle devices have been around now for centuries, and they have tried every imaginable design. Simplest still works best for the most part.

I run a simple three-prong on my Vepr that I bought for 7 bucks from Northern gun parts, looks like the old original M-16 flash hider, works fine at hiding flash, and actually provides some braking ability.

But bottom line: The AK round is easy enough for children to handle the recoil, it doesn't do shit to a full grown man, i've had someone video me with high-speed camera shooting an AK on several occasions now because we were curious about this very subject, and even with NO muzzle device there is almost no perceptable muzzle rise, nor rearward movement of my upper body except for right at the point of contact with the buttstock and that was less than an inch or so.

Fucking Tapco slot brake will actually drive the muzzle down, damn thing works great, try it for keeping mag dumps on-target, it's a hoot.
Link Posted: 6/16/2018 9:36:01 AM EDT
[#27]
Zenitco DTK 2 or the CNC warrior clone of it, I think they call it the compact brake. It's beyond obnoxiously loud but it does kill recoil.
Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top