Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/6/2022 11:26:12 PM EDT
I just ordered this from Atlantic and wondering what furniture works? I’m new to AK’s and it seems the md63 with dong lower handguard maybe? Thanks

Also what thread pitch would the barrel be? I like the AL74 style brake.

" />
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 11:39:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 11:53:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By KILLERB6:
The completed weapon needs to be 922(r) compliant to be legal, so  you need to determine what parts already count for (or not against, technically) compliance and then use the correct number of compliant parts when you complete the weapon.

Chances are you will need US-made furniture and maybe even US-made mags.
View Quote

Lol! 922r police are here!

Throw the shit you want on it. Nobody actually cares about 922r. Enjoy your rifle.

Barrel threads are probably the standard M14x1LH.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 12:01:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 12:01:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 12:09:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 2:15:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 3:10:30 AM EDT
[#7]
I wouldnt sweat 922 either.  As stated, us receiver and barrel.  Trigger counts as three.  One more could be muzzle device or pistol grip

Originally Posted By KILLERB6:
They said the receiver is US-made and based on current law, I think the barrel has to be US.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/7/2022 6:16:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the replies, I’m aware of 922r. Plan is ALG trigger, might do a keymo brake since I have a Sandman-S. I like the look of the 74 brake. I just don’t want the dong lower forend lol
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 6:17:02 AM EDT
[#9]
It is a US barrel and a Morrisey receiver.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 6:06:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: lagavulin62] [#10]
OP,

I bought the same one so as far as 922r compliance all you need is to switch out the barrel nut, which sounds like you are already doing. FCG is US. So you can put all foreign parts, including mag, on this and you are fine.

I didn’t want the dong either. Just about any furniture, except Yugo, will fit. I can’t remember but last week one dealer had surplus palmswell handguards. Sold out though. AOA has the Romanian buttstocks. But I am going to guess you probably want the Nato length. As far as the handguards, AOA has the new WBP sets that will work with a little fitting. I know because that’s what I am using for now.

Oh the muzzle thread 14/1 left hand.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 1:27:37 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By lagavulin62:
OP,

I bought the same one so as far as 922r compliance all you need is to switch out the barrel nut, which sounds like you are already doing. FCG is US. So you can put all foreign parts, including mag, on this and you are fine.

I didn’t want the dong either. Just about any furniture, except Yugo, will fit. I can’t remember but last week one dealer had surplus palmswell handguards. Sold out though. AOA has the Romanian buttstocks. But I am going to guess you probably want the Nato length. As far as the handguards, AOA has the new WBP sets that will work with a little fitting. I know because that’s what I am using for now.

Oh the muzzle thread 14/1 left hand.
View Quote

Thanks, I’d like to find original’ish furniture…the dong is growing on me. (Pun intended)
Link Posted: 6/16/2023 10:33:41 AM EDT
[#12]
Update 😍

Link Posted: 6/16/2023 2:13:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/23/2023 9:22:09 AM EDT
[#14]
Yes I was swapping the wood on it
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 6:34:12 PM EDT
[#15]
922r does not apply to made in the USA rifles
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 7:56:15 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By borderpatrol:
View Quote

So any imported AK kit that is assembled in the US with a US receiver and barrel?
Link Posted: 9/9/2023 9:25:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Nyle_AR15] [#17]
Originally Posted By Newbombz:

So any imported AK kit that is assembled in the US with a US receiver and barrel?
View Quote

No. Imported AKs aren't built on US receivers. Nor do they have US barrels. Your example was a kit without a receiver and barrel. It used to be a fully functional rifle with a Romanian made receiver and barrel. They demill the rifle and make it a non functioning gun. Once the kit arrives here someone has to rebuild it into a rifle. As long as the rifle is built on US soil then 922r isn't applicable. We use US receivers cause to my knowledge we can't buy receivers from other countries. Imported AKs come into the country as functioning rifles made on that country's receiver. Since it was Imported as a rifle and not a kit it's subject to 922r. Whoever imports the rifle is responsible for putting the compliance parts on it

Edit: I read your response incorrectly. You are correct. I missed the word "kit"
Link Posted: 9/9/2023 9:47:28 PM EDT
[#18]
This is what I found…
Link Posted: 9/9/2023 9:54:26 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 11/10/2023 6:20:05 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By borderpatrol:
View Quote

Wrong.  Parts count still applies (if you want to keep ATF happy, that is another debate).  

Where you built it means nothing, where the parts were made does.

Which is why the receiver is on the list that ATF publishes.  
Link Posted: 11/10/2023 6:22:43 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Nyle_AR15:

No. Imported AKs aren't built on US receivers. Nor do they have US barrels. Your example was a kit without a receiver and barrel. It used to be a fully functional rifle with a Romanian made receiver and barrel. They demill the rifle and make it a non functioning gun. Once the kit arrives here someone has to rebuild it into a rifle. As long as the rifle is built on US soil then 922r isn't applicable. We use US receivers cause to my knowledge we can't buy receivers from other countries. Imported AKs come into the country as functioning rifles made on that country's receiver. Since it was Imported as a rifle and not a kit it's subject to 922r. Whoever imports the rifle is responsible for putting the compliance parts on it

Edit: I read your response incorrectly. You are correct. I missed the word "kit"
View Quote

Also totally wrong as far as how it works.

If you don’t know a correct answer, maybe don’t post your wild guesses.  922 is stupid, but posting bad info and making someone think they are good in ATF’s eyes when they would not be is not actually helpful for anyone.  
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 9:38:12 PM EDT
[#22]
Y'all are still going on with that 922r bullshit?
Link Posted: 11/22/2023 10:44:22 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Deerhurst:
Y'all are still going on with that 922r bullshit?
View Quote

Exactly. Us individual gun owners are not manufacturing anything! We’re simply modifying a gun we bought. 922R should not matter.  And I personally don’t worry one bit about it. I I bought gun from a manufacturer or dealer it was in legal configuration. How I choose to dress it with furniture or muzzle break, trigger group should not matter. And I’d wager NO ONE has EVER been charged with this either.

Unless they were add on charges after the fact
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top