Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/4/2022 5:59:43 PM EDT
Picked up 500rds of this off Gb a few weeks ago.  My thought is that I may use the SP for deer hunting should I decide to take my Ak to the woods.  I use ar’s with mk262 and a 22-250 with 50gr NBT’s for deer generally and they work great.  Just curious how well these will work. May keep them loaded for defense and beating around the woods as well.

How does this stuff perform?  Will it be ok for deer?  

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 6:08:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 9:55:49 PM EDT
[#2]
A friend used to hunt hogs with Romanian 7.62x39mm soft points which are similar to the Barnaul. He said they worked great.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 8:30:08 AM EDT
[#3]
I shot a buck with one at about 80 yards and It dropped him. The bullet separated into 2 pieces and got stuck in the hide on the opposite side of the entry hole.
Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top