Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/26/2022 12:55:07 PM EDT
Anyone know anything about this importer and ammo? Think it the same as Golden Tiger since it's coming from Vympel?

$329.49 for a case with free shipping and no tax.

https://bestvalueammo.com/product/bva-7-62x39-ammunition-1000-rounds-124-grain-bi-metal-fmj-steel-case-by-vympel/

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 1:30:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Most likely.

It definitely looks like Golden Tiger: 124gr bullet, lacquered case, and same color sealant.
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 2:11:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Anyone ever heard of the seller?
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 3:27:02 PM EDT
[#3]
I bought a case. I’ll report back when it shows up.
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 11:00:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Seller seems to be fairly new.  I have read some good reviews on Ammoseek so I may roll the dice on a case.  Made by Vympel per the description and the purple sealant would indicate that as well.  They did bump it up to $338.99 with free shipping.  Good price these days.
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 2:46:24 AM EDT
[#5]
I got 1k and shot it.  I ordered a few more k after that.  My ammo experience with 7.62 stuff is slim but it seemed better than wolf (much more consistent at least).
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 12:28:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Good to hear you liked it.  I ordered a case last night so will report back when I get it.  I checked the site just now and looks like they raised it again to $345.99 but still have free shipping.  Guessing they are getting a lot of orders right now so they can increase the price as needed.
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 7:40:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Looks similar to https://www.sgammo.com/product/golden-tiger-ammo-sale/1000-round-case-russian-762x39-124-grain-fmj-bt-corrosive-primer-fact, which makes sense because of Vympel but I'm suspicious with a seller/brand I've never heard of.

Not adverse to shooting corrosively primed ammo, but want to know a bit more about the pedigree of this ammo before I buy it.
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 10:33:55 PM EDT
[#8]
FWIW, After the 1 k I shot, I never cleaned anything.  Both ak are psa gf3's.  Both no have 0 rust (and that was a few months ago).
Link Posted: 1/29/2022 8:40:26 PM EDT
[#9]
The BVA states non-corrosive on their outer 1K case (zoom in to their picture).  The SG ammo states "remanufactured".  I don't think it's the same.

I ordered 2K of their 5.56 and received it a few weeks ago.  Shot fine through my M85.

Link Posted: 1/30/2022 10:20:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Just received shipping confirmation on my order and 2 other emails with updates.  So far good communication from them.  I will post an update when it arrives.
Link Posted: 2/3/2022 4:30:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Shipment arrived today, about 1 week after ordering.  Ammo looks great and packaging was good.  2 sets of 25 boxes in plastic wrap and still had the piece of paper of the inspectors stamp, all in Russian so I assume that is what it is.  Looks exactly like Golden Tiger, lacquered with the purple sealant.  One of these days when it warms up I will nee to compare this with the Republic Training and Range (Barnaul) I received from target Sports.  Very happy with the way this transaction went with BVA so may end up ordering more if he price drops again and if they still offer the free shipping.
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 11:01:04 AM EDT
[#12]
Price is back down again.

324.98 plus free shipping
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 12:52:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Price is back down again.

324.98 plus free shipping
View Quote
Ordered 2k, reviews seem to suggest it's GTG.

Naturally I just bought my first Kalash as the caliber starts to go the way of the dinosaurs . Hopefully I can stash up 6-8k before years end and manage it from there.
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 1:02:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Just put another mag through my 85 today without issue.  I've got another 1K on it's way myself.

Link Posted: 2/8/2022 7:05:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Don't even have an AK yet, still shopping, but thx to you guys I just ordered a case With free shipping you just can't beat that price...
Link Posted: 2/8/2022 11:20:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Their pricing algorithm must aggressively adjust the price based on volume.

It's back down to $329.98.
Link Posted: 2/11/2022 6:39:20 PM EDT
[#17]
What's the free shipping code?

It's wanting to charge me $45 a case shipping.
Link Posted: 2/11/2022 9:52:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Seems they run a free shipping special once in a while.  Just keep an eye on them for price changes and any shipping offers. They may run free shipping on 7.62x39 but not 5.56 and vice versa.  Haven't seen any promo codes for them.
Link Posted: 2/12/2022 10:52:21 AM EDT
[#19]
They are charging tax it would seem, shipping as well (which was a bit high.)
Link Posted: 2/12/2022 11:04:46 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
They are charging tax it would seem, shipping as well (which was a bit high.)
View Quote

They're probably only charging you tax, as you're both located in FL.  I didn't pay tax in AZ.
Link Posted: 2/12/2022 11:20:49 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
What's the free shipping code?

It's wanting to charge me $45 a case shipping.
View Quote

I talked to one of their reps yesterday, named Alex, very nice guy.
He said the free shipping ended Thursday, on the 7.62 X 39
Link Posted: 2/13/2022 3:23:58 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I talked to one of their reps yesterday, named Alex, very nice guy.
He said the free shipping ended Thursday, on the 7.62 X 39
View Quote
Hopefully they bring it back

Just got 2k in and the ammo seems good insofar as Russian steel case can be. Nice lacquer on the case and sealant on the case mouth + primer pocket. Typical Russian boxes that fall apart if you look at them wrong.
Link Posted: 2/13/2022 12:51:02 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Hopefully they bring it back

Just got 2k in and the ammo seems good insofar as Russian steel case can be. Nice lacquer on the case and sealant on the case mouth + primer pocket. Typical Russian boxes that fall apart if you look at them wrong.
View Quote

That’s good to hear, I just made it before the cutoff, and got free shipping, & they sent me a tracking number the same day.
So true about the quality of the boxes!
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 12:49:32 AM EDT
[#24]
Keep an eye on the website, they bring back free shipping once in a while.  Also, their prices change frequently.  I ordered three tiems form them and all have been great.  
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 10:12:48 PM EDT
[#25]
Looks like it is out of stock right now for 7.62x39.  Hopefully they re-stock soon.  Glad I picked some up when I did.
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 7:21:25 PM EDT
[#26]
The $325 cases are out of stock.  I ordered 50 individual boxes for $323.
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 11:38:37 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 2/19/2022 2:05:28 PM EDT
[#28]
@lichter50

Thanks for that link. Ammoseek has good reviews for Cheapest Ammo.

Went ahead and bought a case. $24 shipping to Texas, no tax. Came out to 33.8 cents a round. Not bad for these times. Haven't bought x39 ammo in years.

Still comes out cheaper than other places, including SGAmmo, which charges Texas tax since they're Oklahoma (basically far North Texas).

Most of the other ammo listed on Ammoseek for under 35 cents a round were just basic Tula.

If this Vympel ammo is the same as Golden Tiger, I'm not complaining.
Link Posted: 2/19/2022 3:24:32 PM EDT
[#29]
While not 7.62x39, the case of .223 arrived from BVA.

Packaged very well. Plastic wrap around the ammo inside the shipping cardboard box.

First time I ordered any 223/556 and seemed so small compared to 7.62x39. Normally when I shoot 556, it's with the Army, so I don't deal with the packaging.

Overall, glad I bought a case. Seems like well-made ammo compared to standard steel case 223.

Now need to get to the range.
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 1:46:19 PM EDT
[#30]
Looks like golden tiger to me, and a 21 on the papers I'm guessing is the year of manufacture.
Link Posted: 3/3/2022 9:35:23 AM EDT
[#31]
Anyone checked this to see if it is corrosive or not?  Looks just like the SG corrosive
Link Posted: 3/3/2022 10:50:42 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Anyone checked this to see if it is corrosive or not?  Looks just like the SG corrosive
View Quote

From what I understand the SG ammo is re-manufactured.  The BVA Vympel is new production.  The AK Ammo experts on the AKfiles would probably have sniffed this out by now if it was corrosive.

Link Posted: 3/20/2022 9:11:30 PM EDT
[#33]
It looks like they keep getting more in stock.  What happened to the great panic of 2022?
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 12:43:57 PM EDT
[#34]
Surprised to see it back in stock with a new description.

https://bestvalueammo.com/product/7-62x39-fmjbt-by-bsp-124gr-1000-rounds/

New 7.62x39mm high-quality FMJBT cartridges manufactured by BSP factory, located in Bishkek, Kyrgyz Republic.
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 1:53:16 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

Had to look that place up.  Takes care of the no Russian ammo problem.
Link Posted: 4/17/2022 2:23:44 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote
Interesting, I bought a K of their Vympel stuff a couple months ago, they were really great and quickly helped resolve an issue with FedEx refusing to deliver.  I've shot a good bit of it an was overall good ammo.

I'll take a swing at this new source since I could use some more.  The Cheapest Ammo site has it for about 36cpr after shipping.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 5:10:36 PM EDT
[#37]
Just a heads up that the new source they are using appears to be corrosive.  It was originally advertised as non-corrosive but have now been determined to be corrosive.  Another board dealing with AK's mentioned BVA has been reaching out to customers as well as updating the description on their site.  If you have some of the new stuff, treat as corrosive.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 8:17:25 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Anyone ever heard of the seller?
View Quote

I bought a few cases of that ammo from them. I haven;t shot any ey, but no complaints from me about the seller.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 10:52:50 PM EDT
[#39]
I found some MaxxTech made by Vympel, but the only legitimate feedback (like the reviewer actually shot it, not just unpacked it) are two posts on here that said the ammo is garbage. It has the purple sealant.

Quoted:
Just a heads up that the new source they are using appears to be corrosive.  It was originally advertised as non-corrosive but have now been determined to be corrosive.  Another board dealing with AK's mentioned BVA has been reaching out to customers as well as updating the description on their site.  If you have some of the new stuff, treat as corrosive.
View Quote

@irish132 So the Russian stuff in non-corrosive, but this new batch from the different country is corrosive? Just double checking, I have a bunch of the Russian BVA. Their site is still using the Made in Russia box for the photo.

Ok, I see now, green sealer= corrosive stuff.
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 1:38:31 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I found some MaxxTech made by Vympel, but the only legitimate feedback (like the reviewer actually shot it, not just unpacked it) are two posts on here that said the ammo is garbage. It has the purple sealant.

@irish132 So the Russian stuff in non-corrosive, but this new batch from the different country is corrosive? Just double checking, I have a bunch of the Russian BVA. Their site is still using the Made in Russia box for the photo.

Ok, I see now, green sealer= corrosive stuff.
View Quote
From what I understand, the first batch was Russian made by Vympel, and is not corrosive.  I understand the new boxes they have been shipping out do indicate the new country of manufacture, they just had not updated the picture of the new boxes.  I ordered a few K of Vympel but have not shot any of that yet so I can't report my experience with that yet.  So far, others have reported the Vympel is GTG and not corrosive.  The new stuff is from Bishkek plant in Kyrgistan (Kyrgz republic) and is corrosive.  BVA was great for the few orders I made and it sounds like they got shafted in this deal as well as it was supposed to be non-corrosive.  The "other" board members have reported BVA has gone to great lengths to contact folks that have ordered this new stuff and try to find a resolution so HUGE kudos to them.  No personal experience since I have not ordered the new stuff, just relaying info.  The green sealant may not mean it is corrosive.  I think the Bulgarian stuff that has been imported lately has green sealant and is advertised as non-corrosive.  

Hope the info helps.  One guy mentioned a few of his AK's have started to rust (one was a new Arsenal) so I was trying to spread the word to help others.
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 2:01:48 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
From what I understand, the first batch was Russian made by Vympel, and is not corrosive.  I understand the new boxes they have been shipping out do indicate the new country of manufacture, they just had not updated the picture of the new boxes.  I ordered a few K of Vympel but have not shot any of that yet so I can't report my experience with that yet.  So far, others have reported the Vympel is GTG and not corrosive.  The new stuff is from Bishkek plant in Kyrgistan (Kyrgz republic) and is corrosive.  BVA was great for the few orders I made and it sounds like they got shafted in this deal as well as it was supposed to be non-corrosive.  The "other" board members have reported BVA has gone to great lengths to contact folks that have ordered this new stuff and try to find a resolution so HUGE kudos to them.  No personal experience since I have not ordered the new stuff, just relaying info.  The green sealant may not mean it is corrosive.  I think the Bulgarian stuff that has been imported lately has green sealant and is advertised as non-corrosive.  

Hope the info helps.  One guy mentioned a few of his AK's have started to rust (one was a new Arsenal) so I was trying to spread the word to help others.
View Quote

I'm glad you posted the info, thank you much.
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 11:58:54 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

Thanks for posting this dude.
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 10:24:11 PM EDT
[#43]
How would one tell the difference?

Link Posted: 5/1/2022 10:45:02 PM EDT
[#44]
The Russian stuff has a Vympel headstamp, looks like a weird "B".  The new stuff seems to have "BVA" and "7.62x39" as a headstamp.  I am not sure when they switched to the BVA headstamp though so this may just be a ballpark theory.
Link Posted: 5/2/2022 10:46:15 AM EDT
[#45]
I don't understand why an importer would trust the word of someone in a former Soviet republic on whether their ammo was corrosive or not?

The instant I saw that ammo I knew there was about an 80% chance it was corrosive.

How hard is it to pull a sample and test it?

And then keep testing every lot that comes in because it can change day to day.
Link Posted: 6/6/2022 11:15:17 AM EDT
[#46]
Triple checking, red primer sealant plus made in Russia on boxes plus cyrillic B headstamp, is likely not corrosive?  I received a case in February.
Link Posted: 6/6/2022 11:48:37 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Triple checking, red primer sealant plus made in Russia on boxes plus cyrillic B headstamp, is likely not corrosive?  I received a case in February.
View Quote
It's more of a purple color to the sealant IMO, but yes, that headstamp is the made in Vympel plant stuff and is non-corrosive.

The corrosive version is made in Kyrgyzstan, has a "BVA" headstamp, and uses emerald-green sealant.
Link Posted: 6/6/2022 11:48:56 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

Red primer seal, purple case mouth seal, "B" headstamp (Cyrillic "V" for Vympel) points to the  non-corrosive stuff.
Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top