BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 11/23/2018 10:34:16 PM EDT
I recently purchased the below linked rifle:

https://www.atlanticfirearms.com/products/ak47-rifle-rtac

Attachment Attached File

To summarize, this is a Romanian parts kit built by Atlantic on a Morrissey receiver with a 4150 Nitride barrel.  Upgrades include a Ultimak rail, CNC triangle folding stock and muzzle brake, and red laminate forend and pistol grip.  I'm not sure who manufactures the barrel but hopefully Atlantic can chime in.  With Black Friday coming, I didn't anticipate receiving it before Thanksgiving, but I ordered last Friday (the 16th) and picked it up at my FFL on the 21st, so kudos to Atlantic for fast shipping.

Full disclosure, I am not an AK guy in terms of knowledge or expertise, and my only experience with them so far is with PSA, and some WASR-10s years ago when they had a sh*tty reputation.  Out of the box, this is the best looking AK in terms of fit and finish that I've ever handled.  The soft carrying case is a nice touch, and a used but good condition steel combloc 30 round mag was included.  I don't know if Atlantic guarantees it, but all of the surplus parts have matching numbers

Over the last two days, I ran 400 rounds of Tulammo FMJ through it with a mixture of Magpul, Tapco, a Promag and the included combloc magazines with only one malfunction, a bad primer that wasn't the rifle or the mags fault.  The rifle's windage was dead on from the factory at 25 meters, which I was not expecting.  Snap shooting was easy at 25 and under, and the CNC brake does a pretty good job limiting muzzle rise and felt recoil. I'm limited to shooting at about 50 meters at my property, but I would have no reservations shooting at typical combat distances with these iron sights.  I added a Surefire G2X in a VLTOR mount on the end of the rail at the 9 o clock position, which puts it almost exactly where I prefer my lights on ARs.

This is my first review on Arfcom but there isn't a whole lot of info out there on these rifles, so hopefully this helps.  Ultimately time and round count will be the test of build quality, but so far I'm impressed with this RTAC rifle and Atlantic Firearms in general.  Any questions feel free to ask and I'll do my best to answer.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 9:06:48 AM EDT
[#1]
That's a nice looking rifle, good luck with it and thank you for the review and pictures.
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 2:31:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Neat. Were these put together by Atlantic or did they outsource to another shop?
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 5:23:52 PM EDT
[#3]
As far as I know Atlantic builds these in house.
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 5:59:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 6:54:29 PM EDT
[#5]
That’s tempting.
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 10:01:33 PM EDT
[#6]
What brake is that?  Looks pretty cool.
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 10:03:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What brake is that?  Looks pretty cool.
View Quote
CNC Warrior brake.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 5:54:57 AM EDT
[#8]
I bet that thing is loud with that break.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top