Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 4/28/2018 9:30:53 PM EDT
I have been looking for an SLR-107R to join my SAM7SF but have not been successful.  Anyone have any clue when Arsenal will be in stock again?
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 1:03:43 AM EDT
[#1]
they come and go depending on when shipments come in. They had them in stock at prepper and K-var last week. sold out in a day or so
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 8:48:43 AM EDT
[#2]
The usual places seem to be out of stock.  AIM, Classic, Copper Custom, etc..

It sure looks like Arsenal does this on purpose to artificially drive prices up and keep them there.  Right when demand peaks or when prices start dropping on other rifles, they drop supply and "find" a few every so often, so people have to frantically jump on them instead of feeling like they can get it whenever it best fits their budget.
Link Posted: 4/30/2018 1:30:42 AM EDT
[#3]
In stock here...

http://www.k-var.com/arsenal-slr-107r-762x39-semi-auto-rifle-with-1625-inch-threaded-barrel-stamped-receiver
Link Posted: 4/30/2018 2:52:01 AM EDT
[#4]
I've been looking for a SLR-104 for a while.
Link Posted: 4/30/2018 9:03:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

It sure looks like Arsenal does this on purpose to artificially drive prices up and keep them there.  Right when demand peaks or when prices start dropping on other rifles, they drop supply and "find" a few every so often, so people have to frantically jump on them instead of feeling like they can get it whenever it best fits their budget.
View Quote
I've heard this before but don't believe it.  Think about it, if it were true they would loose 12 to 24 months of sales in order to "find" a few rifles every so often to keep demand and prices up. The lost sales and profits over 12 to 24 months would substantially higher than and gains made by "keeping prices high".

Prices on rifles are pretty low now and have been for a while now, but no Kvar/Arsenal finds have magically popped up.  Where are the 104FR and 107FR finds?

Link Posted: 5/4/2018 10:31:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Agreed...Arsenal brings them in from Bulgaria as fast as they can, and in the greatest quantity.  They're a business and thrive on sales, not mark up on a few "found" rifles.
Link Posted: 5/9/2018 9:34:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Just be aware that the 107r has had overall bad reviews from folks that have bought them. Apparently the qc has been poor. There is a long thread on the issues at akfiles in the ak47 section. I reccommend doing some research before buying one. I have and slr107fr that is top notch but the 107r has been compared to a wasr in respect to build quality. YMMV.
Link Posted: 5/9/2018 11:14:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I've heard this before but don't believe it.  Think about it, if it were true they would loose 12 to 24 months of sales in order to "find" a few rifles every so often to keep demand and prices up. The lost sales and profits over 12 to 24 months would substantially higher than and gains made by "keeping prices high".

Prices on rifles are pretty low now and have been for a while now, but no Kvar/Arsenal finds have magically popped up.  Where are the 104FR and 107FR finds?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My personal theory is that the mother ship in Bulgaria has parts left over after fulfilling military/export contracts, then they stick the leftovers in a container and ship them over to Arsenal USA.

That would explain the irregular stops and starts and the wide variety of 'special' AKs. I can imagine the Arsenal USA guys opening the shipping container up and trying to figure out what the heck they can build out of this assortment of parts.

AJ
Link Posted: 5/10/2018 8:31:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Agreed...Arsenal brings them in from Bulgaria as fast as they can, and in the greatest quantity.  They're a business and thrive on sales, not mark up on a few "found" rifles.
View Quote
I agree, the few “found” rifles are sold by K-Var on GB.
Link Posted: 5/10/2018 10:53:23 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I agree, the few “found” rifles are sold by K-Var on GB.
View Quote
I don't think it is a huge secret that Arsenal, K-Var, and FIME Group all share the same address and under the same ownership.

I don't think they purposely "lose things in the warehouse" - I mean seriously, an FFL audit would have the ATF jumping up their ass for unaccounted-for inventory.  I do think they set back a small percentage of in-demand items for "rainy days" in between import batches or when they need to turn around some fast cash.  I wouldn't be surprised if they have a small cache of 104FRs that turn up in a few months for $1500 or so given the demand right now.

I do not care for their exclusivity deal with Arsenal, since they have done their best to constrain the supply to push prices up.  Chief Thunders days....
Link Posted: 5/10/2018 11:17:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Their popular MO is to find 20 or so Arsenal Classics in the warehouse every year or so, & charge double, or triple the original selling price. Arsenal sells the guns, K-Var sells the parts, & Fime imports the Saiga's, & restores them to look like military AK's. They are all the same company. And the address in LV is just a mail drop. Not their business location. GARY
Link Posted: 5/10/2018 1:06:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
They are all the same company
View Quote
Exactly
Link Posted: 5/13/2018 11:38:01 AM EDT
[#13]
SLR-107CRs are back in stock at Kvar for $1,190. This is about what they sold for last time they were in stock and similar to what used ones are (were) selling for.
Link Posted: 5/13/2018 11:23:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
SLR-107CRs are back in stock at Kvar for $1,190. This is about what they sold for last time they were in stock and similar to what used ones are (were) selling for.
View Quote
I'm debating buying one.
Link Posted: 5/14/2018 4:21:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/19/2018 3:16:16 PM EDT
[#16]
For what it's worth , kvar , fime  group , arsenal usa , and msr  distributors are all owned by a guy named Vartan  . Vartan is Armenian,  you have never experienced a real ( shady ) business deal until you done business  with an armenian ! And before you ask , yes I am also armenian !
Link Posted: 5/19/2018 4:06:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Just be aware that the 107r has had overall bad reviews from folks that have bought them. Apparently the qc has been poor. There is a long thread on the issues at akfiles in the ak47 section. I reccommend doing some research before buying one. I have and slr107fr that is top notch but the 107r has been compared to a wasr in respect to build quality. YMMV.
View Quote
I'll take a WASR over a 107 every day.

And I own an Arsenal and WASRs.
Link Posted: 6/1/2018 6:31:22 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I'm debating buying one.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm debating buying one.
Hell yes!

I always wanted a CR

But damn 1200.00 plus a tax stamp of course.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top