Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 6/20/2022 5:15:06 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/20/2022 5:38:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Those things do get hot. Gloves or add a forward grip. I had a Midwest rail on mine and ended up going to a rubber hogue.
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 4:25:12 PM EDT
[#2]
40 rounds get is mildly warm. I've run 500+ in a class day in an AK. They can get toasty. It's just a fact. They vent hot gas around the front of the handguard.

Wear a glove. I use kevlar lined gloves for gun stuff including suppressors. A glove on the support hand is nice for all sorts of things, heat, smacking the charging handle, mag changes, basically anything that might have a sharp edge.
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 4:30:16 PM EDT
[#3]
As mentioned, all AKs can get a bit hot up there but the SLR Rifleworks rails mount by clamping to the barrel right at the chamber, so they basically are a heat sink.  Add some plastic rail covers to help a bit, and I usually wear some sort of gloves when doing any shooting anyway.
Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top