Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/5/2019 12:49:46 PM EDT
Hello! My muzzle brake is welded and installed from factory spun at about 15 degrees offset from center. The cup of the brake/flash hider, IMO, should be straight up or down. This one is canted. I want to take a dremel, cut the weld and install a new one. All of the steel on the gun has been cerakoted. I’d like to find a brake that had a ‘beauty ring’, so to speak, that would allow it to cover up any blemish from removal. I’d like one that butts up to the front sight post, effectively covering any dremel marks. This would prevent me from having to pay to have th barrel re-cerakoted. Two questions; 1.) What thread is the barrel? 2.) Any recommendations for a brake/flash hider product that could do what I want? Thanks in advance for the help!

(Arsenal Co. Bulgaria Mod. SSR-99 7.62x39 SN: S00374)
Link Posted: 1/5/2019 11:45:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/5/2019 11:50:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Ok...so I've done some more reading. I am going to take off the lower handguard to see if I  have the coveted "G" stamp. If so, I probably won't touch the brake, or much of anything for that matter! That said, my comments about the brake being rotated off-center...is this considered the "slant" in the slant muzzle brake? Does anyone know the purpose of this particular design?
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 4:12:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ok...so I've done some more reading. I am going to take off the lower handguard to see if I  have the coveted "G" stamp. If so, I probably won't touch the brake, or much of anything for that matter! That said, my comments about the brake being rotated off-center...is this considered the "slant" in the slant muzzle brake? Does anyone know the purpose of this particular design?
View Quote
Yes, slant brakes are supposed to be off-center. It pushes the rifle down and to the left to compensate for the natural climb of the rifle in full-auto.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 3:41:35 PM EDT
[#4]
More specifically, the reciprocating mass of the AK carrier group is heavier on the right side. The slant brake is rotated to push gas in this direction to compensate for the "rear, and right" recoil of the AK. If you've got an AK74 style chamber brake on the rifle it should be front and center; squared up. If we're off in this assumption let us know!!!
Link Posted: 1/27/2019 12:07:48 AM EDT
[#5]
The break is in the position that it is supposed to be.
Now your front sight post is adjusted WAY too high!
The front post should not extend above the protective ears.
Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top