Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/26/2020 9:12:49 PM EDT
I purchased a New Arsenal SLR-107R from K-Var, Very nice fit, finish, functions 100%, takes all makes of surplus and new AK mags I had, however it will Not Zero for windage, front sight is all the way pushed to the left and the rifle is still shooting 6" to the left at 50 yards, The front sight was barley screwed in about 1-2 rotations, it was shooting about 18" Low at 50 yards as well. I'm incredibly disappointing after wanting one for the past 8 years, not sure i want a replacement, i'm thinking of sticking with a WASR, I'll contact K-var when they open again, just an FYI for my new 2020 mfg slr. The Arsenal instruction manual states they are zeroed in with a laser at the factory, clearly they are too busy to zero rifles recently. Sad panda bear.
Link Posted: 12/26/2020 10:20:11 PM EDT
[#1]
I think by this point it's been fairly well established the new Arsenal 107R isn't a great rifle.

I feel they're riding on the hype of their older rifles.

oh, and in before the Arsenal haters.
Link Posted: 12/27/2020 2:14:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Send it back to get fixed. I had problems with my WASR when I first got mine. It's still a great rifle.
Link Posted: 12/27/2020 4:23:19 PM EDT
[#3]
I’ll be calling them tomorrow let y’all know what they say.
Link Posted: 12/27/2020 6:22:17 PM EDT
[#4]
had the same issue with my 106ur, maxed out front sight and still not hitting paper, this was 3-4 years ago......ARSENAL  told me to send it along with the accessories that came with it to them, got it back within 2 weeks, hit POA without needing to adjust anything. after which I SBR'd it
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 9:14:47 PM EDT
[#5]
K-var and Arsenal had great customer support and I’m good to go now, I will still not recommend buying one sight unseen but that’s just me.
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 9:49:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
K-var and Arsenal had great customer support and I'm good to go now, I will still not recommend buying one sight unseen but that's just me.
View Quote
That must be something new, or maybe you got lucky (but good for you, warranty work with rifles is a PITA). Arsenal has a pretty bad rap for customer service and I'm actually surprised to hear someone say something nice about them

Link Posted: 12/30/2020 2:03:51 AM EDT
[#7]
I had the same problem with the same rifle. The one AK I bought without checking the straightness of the front sight because it was an Arsenal-of course! I took it to a local AK builder who removed the front sight, filled in the pin holes with metal, put the front sigh back on straight, and drilled new pin holes to make it straight and it shoots like it should with minimal drifting of the front sight post to zero it. It would have cost about the same to send it to Arsenal even though I am local to them they only accept shipments from carriers.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 11:06:47 PM EDT
[#8]
When you dispute the credit card charge due to a defective product they tend to notice and want to make it right... fyi
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 8:52:19 AM EDT
[#9]
If you ever need customer care from k-var my recommendation is to call Cliff directly 702-912-5903 he is the one who offered me a prepaid shipping label and expedited repair or replacement from Arsenal. I would never purchase another Arsenal rifle without shooting it first. I guess the expectation is most people are going to red dot scopes therefore iron sights are obsolete...
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top