Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 12/30/2019 6:43:47 PM EDT
I recently traded for an Arsenal Bulgaria SLR 101 with the importer as D.I.G. Virginia Beach Virginia.  It had a 300 round count according to the owner and has been in the safe for many years.  Thumbhole black stock, no cleaning rod accesses, bayonet lug ground off, pinned muzzle brake, painted black, single stack.   I would like to know who built it as I do not believe that D.I.G. manufactured or assembled anything.  Any information on this rifle is appreciated.  I upload some photos to help.

Link Posted: 12/30/2019 10:30:46 PM EDT
[#1]
"Between (1993-1994), a number of these rifles were imported into the United States. There were various importers, but the main importer appears to have been Dominion Investment Group (D.I.G.), a major firearm importer based out of Virginia Beach, Virginia. This was a group headed by a gentleman who was actually an attorney. Years later, he passed away from a heart attack, so associates assisted his wife in continuing the business by partnering with Intrac. Together they formed Intrac/Dominion Importing. Additional importers of the SA93 were Dunav International Trading, Inc. (Lynnwood, WA), and Sentinel Arms (Detroit, MI), but there is no clear data as to how many or during what years."
"The stock rifle was designated as an SLR-101-S. There was an SLR-101-SB and an SLR-101-SB1, which were both dressed in black stock sets with NATO-length buttstocks (1.25” longer). The SB was converted to accept double-stack military magazines, while the SB1 was not converted. There was also an SLR-101-SG and SLR-101-SG1. Their configurations were identical to the SB and SB1, with the only difference being that they were dressed in OD Green stock sets. The SLR-101 series of rifles offered by Arsenal, Inc., particularly the SB and SG variants, gave US buyers a change to own a Bulgarian AK-47 very close to the true military versions. They even had side scope rails for mounting various types of optics."

Cannot tell if yours is a single stack magazine rifle.
Link Posted: 12/30/2019 11:11:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the reply.  This one is a single stack magazine version.  Most that I’ve seen have SLR101S or another letter prefix whereas this one does not have a prefix so i figured it was odd.  So, this was a Bulgarian Arsenal manufactured SLR101 imported before Arsenal USA started putting these together in the US?  Any idea how many of these came into the US before Arsenal USA took over?
Link Posted: 12/30/2019 11:32:49 PM EDT
[#3]
No idea.
Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top