Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/12/2021 8:38:38 PM EDT

Considering an Arsenal SAM7SF. I know these are generally considered pretty reliable but I’m wondering if I should give any consideration to parts availability? I looked at the K-var site and they have very little in stock.
Not sure if this is a result of current COVID gun related shortages or the norm?
If Arsenals are banned ref: importation should I assume parts will no longer be available?
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 8:12:22 AM EDT
[#1]
IIRC, the SAM7SF is an AKM pattern rifle, even though it is milled. I don't know for sure, been a long time since I've owned one of their milled rifles.

What parts were thinking you needed for spares? I'd think standard AK 7.62x39 bolt parts would work. That SF stock though is a breed of its own.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 3:08:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

What parts were thinking you needed for spares? I'd think standard AK 7.62x39 bolt parts would work.
View Quote

I have no clue. I literally got my first AK about a month ago (the PSAAK103). I guess I’m just worried about being orphaned with regard to parts if Biden signs an executive order banning import of “assault weapon” firearms and parts, which he has indicated he will do.

Should I stockpile a bolt (or other parts) or are Arsenal parts commonly available in normal times, if there are / will be normal times again?
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 3:27:51 PM EDT
[#3]
there was a pretty good discussion recently on what AK spare parts to have around

consensus was not much breaks on AKs, but a firing pin, springs, and maybe a bolt (if you can headspace it).
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 3:29:28 PM EDT
[#4]
I've owned AKs since the 90s, and they only thing I ever broke on one was a rear site leaf when it fell off the rack.

I did buy one with a bad chamber, but replaced that one right after my 1st session with it.

Many will say have spare extractors and extractor springs, maybe an extra firing pin or 2. I'd  say possibly even a new recoil spring assembly.

Hope that helps
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top