Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/9/2019 8:08:30 PM EDT
I could use some assistance from people that have some first hand experience with an Arsenal SAM7K-44 pistol.  I was excited to get it home Friday and especially wanted to get the flashlight forend installed.  The latch was a little stuck but eventually it opened.

But then the flaghlight forend wouldn't fit.  So I did try to do a little filing on the back end but it wasn't enough.

So then I tried to get the original forend back on.  No go.  It is the damnedest thing, even the original forend won't go on.  Had a neighbor take a look as well and we're both frustrated.

The best I can see is that without any forend, when the front retaining clamp wants to close there is a sliver of the silver barrel that can be seen from the front.

But when comparing to the flashlight forend or the original forend, they are just a bit too far forward to close (the latch won't budge).

I can confirm that in both cases the handguards are seated front and back (original):

And with the Flashlight I did do a little bit of sanding to try to make it fit:

Has anyone else had this experience?  I have plenty of other AKs (4) and a PSL but this is the tightest I've ever had.  And not being able to get the factory part back on when all I did was take it off is baffling.  Any help is appreciated.

I think it may just be grinding down very slowly on the back in the following area encircled in red, but I would like some feedback before grinding on an expensive part.

Link Posted: 12/9/2019 10:20:40 PM EDT
[#1]
"Bigger hammer" yeah, filing and hammering on ak's sometimes is needed
Link Posted: 12/10/2019 9:51:11 PM EDT
[#2]
I used some C-clamps on each side of the receiver to clamp down on the forend.  That worked for me.

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top