Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 7/28/2021 4:54:40 PM EDT
Found this on Gunbroker a couple of weeks ago. The 75rd Chinese drum was included. Paid 2K. I'm stoked! Unfired condition, No Ban configuration. Production date 6/06. Very few of these in the wild, esp in the no ban status.

Link Posted: 7/28/2021 4:57:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Very cool!
Congrats, that's one of the best AKs ever made.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 5:45:13 PM EDT
[#2]
That was one of my Grail guns, I went with a akms instead.  Congrats.
Link Posted: 8/4/2021 5:35:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Nice score!
Link Posted: 10/28/2021 8:11:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dferg10] [#4]
Congrats! That is an excellent rifle. I have the underfolder- SAS-M7 Classic with a date very close to yours and love it. Enjoy it!
Link Posted: 10/28/2021 8:15:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bounce19712] [#5]
what does the no ban status comprise?

@regalgseguy
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 9:11:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Bounce19712] [#6]
anyone?

all I can see is a detent pin and thread protector.  

I don't see a lug?  

Link Posted: 10/29/2021 11:54:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Bounce19712:
anyone?
View Quote
Looks like it has the 2 "fangs" intact on the bottom of the front sight base. That's where AK47 bayonets mount. They don't use the same lug as AKM and AK74 bayonets.
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 12:16:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Excellent score, congratulations!  Refreshing post with all the PSA "just as good" posts about their hot garbage AKs...

I loved my SLR-107...until I scored a SAM7R.  AK happiness is a milled Arsenal!
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 1:05:28 AM EDT
[#9]
what does the no ban status comprise?

@regalgseguy
View Quote

"No Ban" Means it has a Bayonet attachment. In this case it has the old style "Fang" mount below the front sight. Also the muzzle nut is removable so you can put whatever break or hider you want. "Ban" guns which most of the Classics were came with a pinned and welded muzzle nut and no attachment point for a bayonet.
Link Posted: 11/1/2021 10:06:10 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By regalgseguy:

"No Ban" Means it has a Bayonet attachment. In this case it has the old style "Fang" mount below the front sight. Also the muzzle nut is removable so you can put whatever break or hider you want. "Ban" guns which most of the Classics were came with a pinned and welded muzzle nut and no attachment point for a bayonet.
View Quote

@regalgseguy

that's interesting,  I've learned mine is a pre-ban too, from this thread.   mine is an '03 and lug is under gas block.  So what type of bayonet if different does yours take?

Link Posted: 11/1/2021 6:21:19 PM EDT
[#11]

@regalgseguy

that's interesting,  I've learned mine is a pre-ban too, from this thread.   mine is an '03 and lug is under gas block.  So what type of bayonet if different does yours take?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By regalgseguy:

@regalgseguy

Takes a Russian pattern Type 1
https://www.collectorsweekly.com/stories/271419-bulgarian-ak47-type-i-bayonet-with-scabb?in=1129-activity
Link Posted: 11/2/2021 1:21:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Nice rifle.  Are you going to shoot it?
Link Posted: 12/4/2021 4:48:49 AM EDT
[#13]
Probably not. I have other cheaper and much less collectable AK's for range use. I also have NIB Polytech Legend, Spiker and a NIB Norinco type 56 that will remain NIB. I bought all 4 with future resale in mind when needed.
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 12:22:39 AM EDT
[#14]
Beautiful!
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 1:24:28 PM EDT
[#15]
I was on their website looking at those this morning. I'm growing fond of the blonde colored wood.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 6:45:09 AM EDT
[#16]
beautiful AK.  I'm in the market for a few of those drums
Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top