Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/29/2020 9:51:10 PM EDT
AK noob here.  Never owned one before, but I just picked up some Zenitco furniture (B-33 top cover, B-30, and B-31) off the EE to build me a clone-ish Alpha AK.  

I'm looking to purchase a 4-piece flash hider to slip over the excess barrel (until it can get SBR'd).  From what little research I've been able to do, the threaded piece on the FSGB of the Arsenal CR rifles is a 24x1.5mm RH pitch.  Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 10:33:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, its 24mm threads.  This is the "official" thread protector that screws on them.  24x1.5mm.  https://www.k-var.com/barrel-nut-thread-protector-24x15mm-right-hand-threads-for-ak-74-type-front-sight-block

What is on your barrel currently?  My 106CR and 107CR came with the dummy booster that fit over the barrel to make it look less silly.  Both of them got SBR'd and the dummy boosters are rolling around in a drawer somewhere.
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 10:47:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Oh, that might be the case.

I haven't even ordered/picked up a rifle yet.  Still seeing if I can get ahold of a 5.45.
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 5:40:26 PM EDT
[#3]
My 107CR with the slip over 4 piece brake from CNC Warrior

Link Posted: 12/20/2020 2:15:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Hello Gents & HAPPY HOLIDAYS,  If I understand this Thread correctly, the mentioned Flash Suppressor / Hider, 'CNC Warrior', will screw right onto my Arsenal SLR-106CR without ANY modifications ? Unfortunately, I reside in a State that doesn't allow SBR's, so if I wish to have any flash suppression on my 5.56mm AK, I have to find a device that will thread right on my 106-CR, exactly like my K-Var 'Faux' F/H, also referred to as a Barrel Shroud , or Cover. So, if the CNC Warrior device as pictured here installed on an Arsenal SLR-107CR is on a NON SBR'd example, I will be good to go !! If anyone could PLEASE advise me on this issue, I would be extremely appreciative. I did look into AK-USA's service of permanently pinning on a lengthend F/H, but when I saw that it would run me about $700 or so, I decided against that method !! THANK YOU,

Best regards,  dpast32  / [email protected]
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 6:52:26 PM EDT
[#5]
I need to get a 107CR.  There is also a extended barrel shroud for the 106CR and 107CR which looked like the standard Kink break - available for arsenal and on GB. Not sure what is out there for a FH that would work with the stock 16" barrel though based on the location of the threads.  A few companies do make 24mm R breaks and flash hinders - I have a couple for my SLR-104FR but I have not used them yet, I am happy with a russian standard AK74 break for that use.
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 11:51:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hello Gents & HAPPY HOLIDAYS,  If I understand this Thread correctly, the mentioned Flash Suppressor / Hider, 'CNC Warrior', will screw right onto my Arsenal SLR-106CR without ANY modifications ? Unfortunately, I reside in a State that doesn't allow SBR's, so if I wish to have any flash suppression on my 5.56mm AK, I have to find a device that will thread right on my 106-CR, exactly like my K-Var 'Faux' F/H, also referred to as a Barrel Shroud , or Cover. So, if the CNC Warrior device as pictured here installed on an Arsenal SLR-107CR is on a NON SBR'd example, I will be good to go !! If anyone could PLEASE advise me on this issue, I would be extremely appreciative. I did look into AK-USA's service of permanently pinning on a lengthend F/H, but when I saw that it would run me about $700 or so, I decided against that method !! THANK YOU,

Best regards,  dpast32  / [email protected]
View Quote

Yes.  My rifle pictured above is an unmodified slr 107 CR with this part covering the barrel:

https://www.cncwarrior.com/4pc-barrel-cover-p/24320.htm

The internals can be replaced on the cover with this:

https://www.cncwarrior.com/Barrel-Cover-Extended-Brake-Cone-Insert-p/23859.htm

to make it a functional 4 piece brake if your barrel is cut down.

Link Posted: 12/23/2020 4:26:27 PM EDT
[#7]
THANK YOU very much 'AKR' & 'JVP', your kind replies are deeply appreciated. Up until recently, I had no idea that anyone even produced a Barrel Cover / Brake for the Arsenal SLR-106CR & 107CS Series. Of course, now that I'm actually aware of this fact, it appears that literally no one has any available ? I had initially hoped that my K-Var 'Faux' Bbl Cover would at least provide a minimum of flash suppression, however that's not the case. My main gear is that by the time I'm finally able to locate & purchase one of the CNC Warrior units, 'someone' will decide that it's just too dangerous for me to possess, & decree them an NFA item !!  If anyone here does happen to have one for sale, PLEASE advise, as I'm extremely interested. Other than that, I wish everyone a Safe & Merry Christmas, along with a great Holiday Season.

Best regards,  Dom Pastore Jr. / [email protected]
Link Posted: 12/23/2020 10:14:45 PM EDT
[#8]
One more comment, the CNC warrior product is high quality but it is also heavy.   For yet another option there is another seller on gunbroker named ctrax1 who has a couple of aluminum options which, of course, weigh less.

Good luck!
Link Posted: 12/25/2020 11:03:20 AM EDT
[#9]
I know I started a new thread with the update, but I thought I’d post it again!

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top