Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 5/1/2019 12:02:52 PM EDT
Flat color not the glossy like the new ones. Could they be old Hungarians?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 12:08:18 PM EDT
[#1]
They're old. Found the Hungarian circle M mark.
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 2:05:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Someone will correct my if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure Hungary is the only country that made the 20 round magazine.
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 2:12:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Someone will correct my if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure Hungary is the only country that made the 20 round magazine.
View Quote
Soviets and China fielded them expressly for armored crews and especially officers.

As you can figure the officers pretty much snapped them up.
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 2:30:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Looks like a fairly recent 30 rounder with a green follower.  I don't know what the rest of that debris may be.

Link Posted: 5/29/2019 9:26:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Hungary made the 20-rounders for the AMD65 which was carried in vehicles and by airborne troops. I find that they are the best mags for the AMD65 because 30-rounders can hit the front pistol grip when attempting to lock them in. They're also great at the range with any AK when shooting off the bags or other rest.
Link Posted: 7/11/2019 9:17:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Soviets and China fielded them expressly for armored crews and especially officers.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@-Apocalypto-

I didn’t know about the Soviets and Chinese, but Romania also made 20 rounders, but I’ve never seen one in person.  ETA:  I think the Romanian ones are rare enough to be considered a collector’s item, nice to have for people who have an AIMR clone.
Link Posted: 7/25/2019 8:52:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Yup, the Romy 20s are VERY pricey when you can find them, what I consider collector level only.

AOA did sell a batch of grade 3 Romys cut down from 30s to 20s. I grabbed a few, just cause I like 20s and I like Romys.
They work fine, a very good clean up & chop job, but you can definitely tell they were grade 3 to start.
Just be aware if you're shopping for a genuine Romy 20 that these are out there...
Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top