Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » VZ58
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 5/12/2018 9:16:42 AM EDT
Trying to sell off a built AR to fund a VZ.

Also, 14.5 with pinned brake? Or US legal with bayonet adapter? Hmmm
Link Posted: 5/12/2018 3:20:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Atlantic has a couple that are under $1100: https://www.atlanticfirearms.com/ak-47-74-rifles/czechpoint.html

It's different than an AK in 7.62x39, better ergonomics, lighter, and more handy or quick feeling. Accuracy doesn't seem to be much better, but I haven't tested that out very much. Personally, I went with the 16.1" barrel.

It isn't that much longer and it was nice to have a choice of muzzle devices. Besides, I shoot corrosive ammo and removing the muzzle device is pretty much a must have for me for cleaning.

AJ
Link Posted: 5/15/2018 8:55:34 AM EDT
[#2]
I have the Czechpoint rifle and braced pistol, both in 7.62. I really like the ergonomics and handling on them compared to AKs (what he ^^^ said....lighter, etc.). I think if you want a very well made, “combloc” rifle, then it’s worth it. Czechpoint also has very good customer service and a three year warranty too. That’s pretty solid in this day and age.
Link Posted: 1/2/2021 11:02:43 AM EDT
[#3]
In an era of $1000 plus dollar AK's, yes. For sure. Also, I'm getting better accuracy out of my CSA VZ than most of my AR's.  And its lighter than a yugo. So, also, yes.
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 10:19:21 PM EDT
[#4]
I paid 1800 for a new one on gun broker and picked it up today. Noticeably higher quality than the century one iv had for years. The century one is a really good and accurate rifle. 1.5 moa typically. The days of 1300 dollar csa vz58s is over i think. Could not find one anywhere but gunbroker. Think that is likely to get even worse. Got the standard black stock version. Best platform for the caliber i think.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 9:14:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Unfortunately the VZs are getting much more expensive. Czech Small Arms doesnt seem to be importing them like they used to since they lost an employee who was arguably the driving force behind the company. Now it seems they pop up small lots of VZ's to a select few dealers who sell them on auction sites for high prices. Czechpoint have virtually no social media presence and do little to interact with their fans anymore, whereas they used to put out interesting YouTube videos and the like regarding their products and history.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 3:04:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: agb104983] [#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By sv30cal:
Unfortunately the VZs are getting much more expensive. Czech Small Arms doesnt seem to be importing them like they used to since they lost an employee who was arguably the driving force behind the company. Now it seems they pop up small lots of VZ's to a select few dealers who sell them on auction sites for high prices. Czechpoint have virtually no social media presence and do little to interact with their fans anymore, whereas they used to put out interesting YouTube videos and the like regarding their products and history.
View Quote

I’m interested in hearing more about what the story is on the key employee that they lost.  Seems like all the videos I saw were some guy but when I placed my order for parts and seems to be shipped from a woman’s name.  I’ve wondered what’s been going on there because it seems like they rarely get any guns in stock but yet they are selling some to other dealers.  The recon  ordnance guy told me he has a standing relationship with them where he gets 50 guns a month(I think just VZ61 pistols).  Also it seems like there is a strong demand for certain parts, stocks, accessories, uppers but they rarely have them come into stock.

I called their number over a month ago to inquire about when they would get some of the threaded barrel VZ61’s In stock and the voicemail said they do not check the phone and so you have to send an email. I sent the email but still no response a month later. I finally just ordered a gun from the Recon Ordnance guy, although he charges about $100 mark up over what Czechpoint sells them for
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 12:37:30 AM EDT
[#7]
I ordered an N1 muzzle break for mine from  Slovakia last night wonder how long it will take to arrive
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 2:07:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: HYDRASHOKMONTANA] [#8]

Got a update today that it has shipped and likely be here in 3 weeks. Will see. Looked like the best brake i could buy that was short and still allowed use of the bayonet. It has a cone pressed into the center to force as much of the gases rearward as possible and im supposed to shim it so that it is tight to the barrel as to not have any possibility of striking that pressed in baffle. Iv got high hopes
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 8:16:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HYDRASHOKMONTANA] [#9]
I took both my czech made and century made vz58s side by side today.

Cons for century
trigger has heavy trigger by comparison. Appears double since int has two spring leafs vs the CSA
Century gas port is larger were the CSA is smaller. I have always felt the century was over gassed as it has a very sharp recoil hence my excitement about the brake for the new rifle.

Cons for the CSA
Trigger guard does not protect the mag release like it does on the century. Does make mag change easier but also could hook on gear easier. Spring is a little stronger than the century.
Trigger is made of the same plastic as the stock and hand guards. Not excited about that and even less so since i inspected the internals. Looks like it might already be cracked. I will likely try to replace it with a metal trigger.

I have not fired the CSA yet and im not sure when i will, likely sometime after i get the new brake. Then i will be able to report better. But machining and attention to detail was always going to be better on the CSA as century puts out a lot of crap.

EDIT:
CSA warranties their rifle for 5 years. That apperantly goes into effect when the distributor receives the firearm not when you purchase it. Mine is good till May of 2025. But no registration BS like with others and warranty follows the rifle not the original owner
Page AK-47 » VZ58
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top