Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 7/13/2021 12:05:37 AM EDT
I have a gen 2 Galil ACE and I don't like the AR style brace. It's functional but I don't want yet another AR style stock on this gun.

I called bonesteel to ask if they have a brace adapter that will work on the Galil Ace and they said they can sell me just the back half so I'd have to pull the hinge pin and replace the back half of it but I might have to do some fitting on it.

Has anyone tried this? How much fitting did you have to do.

More importantly how big of a pain in the ass is it to pull the hinge pin? Seems like I'd need a second set of hands or press or something to do that.
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 9:45:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Huh?
This any help?
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 10:15:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Huh?
This any help?
View Quote

Kind of but also not really. I would love to see that tool.
Link Posted: 7/15/2021 2:28:59 PM EDT
[#3]
I just used a hex bit sitting on my bench, pushed the hinge pin downward on it so the E clip was exposed. I tried rigging a couple different jigs to get it done, it was actually stupid easy using the bit. Had my brace swapped in about 5 mins
Link Posted: 7/15/2021 9:43:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I just used a hex bit sitting on my bench, pushed the hinge pin downward on it so the E clip was exposed. I tried rigging a couple different jigs to get it done, it was actually stupid easy using the bit. Had my brace swapped in about 5 mins

View Quote

I just put a punch in a vice to hold it and used that to push against and your right it pushed it up enough to get the clip on with ease. I guess I was over thinking things.
Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top