Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 7/8/2021 10:30:19 AM EDT
I don't care about the buffer condition as long as the spring steel portion is serviceable.
Link Posted: 7/8/2021 1:04:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Unobtainium….last made in 1985.
Link Posted: 7/9/2021 11:24:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 18B30:
Unobtainium….last made in 1985.
View Quote

I am aware, however there must be some floating around in used condition.....
Link Posted: 7/9/2021 10:14:46 PM EDT
[#3]
I just got one from the EE last month -  not cheap but I needed it.  Patience and you will find what you need on the secondary market but you will just need to keep at it.  I dont know if Valmet.org is still functioning but I bet not.  EE, Sturmgewehr and GB are good bets.  When I grabbed the one on EE, I was looking for something else but there it was.

I am still kicking myself -  there was a little gun shop in NYS a town or 2 next to where the importer was located when they stopped importing in the late 80s.  No mags when I found them, but they had a ton of smaller parts, firing pins, screws and those buffers - I got 2 - the owner said he bought everything the importer had when they closed up shop.   I knew I should have bought more but no $$$ at the time.
Link Posted: 7/10/2021 2:55:21 AM EDT
[#4]
^^^^^
Armonk Gun Shop.
Link Posted: 7/10/2021 8:16:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By MickB:
^^^^^
Armonk Gun Shop.
View Quote

I believe that is it!  Nice!
Link Posted: 7/11/2021 12:35:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Tried to look them up and only found what looks like an old number. I called but it went to voice mail. Does anyone know if they are still in business?
Link Posted: 7/11/2021 8:44:59 PM EDT
[#7]
I am going to bet no -  it was a hole in the wall place 25-30 years ago.  Like I said - secondary market is the way unfortunately.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 1:34:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Mine came with one when I got it (used).  Were they always an add on accessory?
Link Posted: 4/17/2022 5:05:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Can anyone post a pic. I've never heard of these before.
Link Posted: 4/17/2022 10:28:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 5:29:10 PM EDT
[#11]

Could you show us how it is attached to the inside of the dust cover? It looks like you could fab that up with a little effort and a press brake to flatten out a piece of steel. Then find any piece of hard rubber (hockey puck?) and carve it up.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 1:35:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Redhed97] [#12]
Originally Posted By GTLandser:

Could you show us how it is attached to the inside of the dust cover? It looks like you could fab that up with a little effort and a press brake to flatten out a piece of steel. Then find any piece of hard rubber (hockey puck?) and carve it up.
View Quote

Sheet metal, pressed on looks like.Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 12:23:59 AM EDT
[#13]
Good pic.  Spring type steel that just slide in place with some effort and dont seem to go anywhere once installed.  Shot my M76 last year and still going stong.  I still cant believe how smooth these shoot for a 70s design.
Link Posted: 1/24/2024 7:57:58 PM EDT
[#14]
I have a few M76 port buffers in brand new condition that I would be willing to sell. I had collected them years ago when I had and couple of M76s.
Link Posted: 1/26/2024 9:49:31 AM EDT
[#15]
Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top