Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/9/2021 1:17:02 PM EDT
I found some polymer mags that say they are made in Bosnia and Herzegovina. These mags look like they have steel reinforcement. Has anyone used them? Good to go or stay away from them? I am looking at getting some Bulgarian mags, both steel and polymer. I just saw these mags and the price wasn't bad and I thought that I would ask about them.

Here is a link to the mags.
Link Posted: 9/9/2021 2:31:37 PM EDT
[#1]
I believe those are the AC Unity mags.

The description sounds like the same one I always see posted for them, anyway.

I’ve heard mixed reviews. Some describe the plastic as quite thin and flexible.  They don’t have steel supported feed lips, just have steel at the front and rear lugs, IIRC.

But for that price, I’d gamble on a couple to test at the range.
Link Posted: 9/9/2021 3:12:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I believe those are the AC Unity mags.

The description sounds like the same one I always see posted for them, anyway.

I’ve heard mixed reviews. Some describe the plastic as quite thin and flexible.  They don’t have steel supported feed lips, just have steel at the front and rear lugs, IIRC.

But for that price, I’d gamble on a couple to test at the range.
View Quote

Thanks. I was wondering if those were AC Unity. I did find them for $6.99 if you want to gamble on AC Unity mags for use.

AC Unity mags $6.99 in stock.
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 8:27:09 PM EDT
[#3]
They feel cheap (guess they are ??) but have worked well for me.  Some might need a little fitment, but it’s minor.
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 10:37:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
They feel cheap (guess they are ??) but have worked well for me.  Some might need a little fitment, but it’s minor.
View Quote

Yeah I think those would be good for range use and not hard use. My MagPul is considered to be range use mags too. They are Gen2. I think if I would go with less expensive mags I would get more SHK mags. Those are really nice and fit well in my GF3. I'm going to get some Bulgarian mags and maybe some Gibb's Matra mags.
Link Posted: 10/8/2021 6:51:16 PM EDT
[#5]
For $7, the AC Unitys are good mags.
When empty, they do have more side flex than Magpuls, but I’ve not had any problems with mine.
The ones at CDNN look exactly like the AC Unity mags.
Link Posted: 10/8/2021 9:24:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
For $7, the AC Unitys are good mags.
When empty, they do have more side flex than Magpuls, but I’ve not had any problems with mine.
The ones at CDNN look exactly like the AC Unity mags.
View Quote

I’m going to pick up some AC Unity mags. I sold my MagPul mags for what I had in them to get more SHK mags. I hope they go back on sale for $5.99, if not $6.99 isn’t bad either. The AC Unity mags are out of stock for $6.99. I think they have a feature that I like more than MagPul. The metal locking lugs are a must for AK mags.
Link Posted: 10/9/2021 1:37:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Well, I found them for $4.95 plus shipping so, I bought eleven of them to replace my MagPul mags. I will be picking up 12-15 more SHK mags. Those fit my GF3 without issues and are nice solid mags.
Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top