Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 12/15/2020 2:52:13 PM EDT
A Pelican 1200 holds 10 loaded standard GI aluminum 30 round AR mags "just right", wondering if anybody has experimented with different sizes of Pelican cases for loaded AK mags and found one that holds a certain number, say 6-12 range, "just right".  I am thinking Bulgarian polymer mags so those should be pretty close dimensionally to standard 30 rounds generic steel mags.

I realize there is a lot more variability in the external dimensions of various 30 round AK mags compared to USGI 30 round aluminum mags, but surely somebody has experimented with this concept and found one that works pretty well.
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 3:30:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Sorry I can't answer your question, but I gotta ask, why do you need a Pelican case for mags?
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 4:19:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sorry I can't answer your question, but I gotta ask, why do you need a Pelican case for mags?
View Quote

yeah, that doesn't make a bit of sense to me either. but whatever floats your boat, a 1500 (16x11x6) that should easily fit 8-10 AK mags.

or............

you can do the figuring it  out yourself, by taking the mags you want to go in it, line them up the way you want it spaced and arranged then measure the length and width  and pick the case with the inside dimensions that would "be just right"  for you.   you're welcome

all 30 round AKM mags are going to be about the same width and length, give or take a couple of millimeters
Link Posted: 12/23/2020 8:43:25 PM EDT
[#3]
A cheaper option and what I personally do is use 40mm ammo cans to store mags, then with they money saved you can buy more AK mags to fill up the ammo can. I have at least 15-18 AK mags in a single ammo.
Link Posted: 12/23/2020 9:57:23 PM EDT
[#4]
I believe he wants a case that  he can carry mags to the range, not something to store them in.

me and everyone else just put our mags in a range bag and call it a day, he just wants to be fancy and stylish about how he takes his mags to the range...... which if that floats his boat, so be it
Link Posted: 12/24/2020 11:13:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Does it really matter why?  The OP just asked a question to the group to see if he doesn't need to "reinvent the wheel" when it comes to holding mags.  As stated by someone else, it's probably to transport them.  I keep mine in mil-surp pouches and toss them in a range bag - I can't stand loose mags.  I can see the need to have a container to hold, say 10-mags for a range trip that you can carry with one hand.  Or, maybe the guys got serious coin and wants to protect his mags for long term storage in case he doesn't have a climate controlled room to store them in as Pelicans are water tight.  Anyway - I'll bump this for him and re-ask the question - anyone use Pelican style cases to hold AK mags?  Even I'd like to know the answer.  I could use a better way to transport 20 rounder's myself.

Edit: And thank you OP for adding value with your question "A Pelican 1200 holds 10 loaded standard GI aluminum 30 round AR mags "just right "  Thank you for that info.
Link Posted: 12/24/2020 3:26:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 9:41:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Does it really matter why?  
View Quote

Yes.
Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top