Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/10/2022 11:07:40 PM EDT
I have a set of the standard light tan or FDE PSA fixed stock furniture.  I thought about dying it more plum/black with a dark orange for the grip.

In the past, I did sucessfully dye some Magpul mags with Rit dye so I know it is possible for some polymers.  I also tried to darken some orange polymer 1911 grips to a dark brown and that polymer didn't change at all.

Has anyone tried this or am I wasting my time?

Link Posted: 8/11/2022 10:09:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Tagged
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 4:05:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I have a set of the standard light tan or FDE PSA fixed stock furniture.  I thought about dying it more plum/black with a dark orange for the grip.

In the past, I did sucessfully dye some Magpul mags with Rit dye so I know it is possible for some polymers.  I also tried to darken some orange polymer 1911 grips to a dark brown and that polymer didn't change at all.

Has anyone tried this or am I wasting my time?

View Quote

Someone is about to try it and report results back with pics.
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 10:51:30 PM EDT
[#3]
So I did just buy a plum set to save me any disappointment of getting the ratios wrong.  I also decided to try to dye the tan stock black with a combo of black and brown liquid rit dye just to see if it would take a stain.

Long story short, it looks like an original black stock set now.  Took color excellently.

Seems the PSA tan or FDE sets are a great base for custom colors.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top