Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/5/2020 2:37:40 PM EDT
https://www.classicfirearms.com/ak-47-762x39-30rd-bakelite-style-magazine/
I bought a couple to try out. Just wanted them for looks.
Has anybody put rounds down range with these? Do they function?
Link Posted: 9/9/2020 12:10:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
https://www.classicfirearms.com/ak-47-762x39-30rd-bakelite-style-magazine/
I bought a couple to try out. Just wanted them for looks.
Has anybody put rounds down range with these? Do they function?
View Quote

I was curious myself. Give us a range report on them!
Link Posted: 9/9/2020 2:02:10 AM EDT
[#2]
They're kinda weird. The color looks like wood grain. I swear it's wood grain. I can see light through them, so they are kinda transparent. Translucent. Has a metal locking tab.
Don't know when I'll get around to testing them. Ammo is in short supply right now.
Link Posted: 9/9/2020 2:37:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They're kinda weird. The color looks like wood grain. I swear it's wood grain. .
View Quote

I have a few  of TULA 30 rounders and a POLYANA 45 rounder along with E. German 74 mags,  and they all, all,   look to have "wood grain" appearance to them.
Link Posted: 9/9/2020 10:56:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Korean RWB AK-47 (Fakelite) Magazine 7.62x39 YOUTUBE FIRST!
Link Posted: 9/9/2020 3:04:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I have a few  of TULA 30 rounders and a POLYANA 45 rounder along with E. German 74 mags,  and they all, all,   look to have "wood grain" appearance to them.
View Quote

Thanks. I've never actually seen one in person. So these are more authentic than I knew.
Link Posted: 9/9/2020 5:45:57 PM EDT
[#6]
I might snag a couple now!
Link Posted: 9/10/2020 10:25:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Don't know when I'll get around to testing them. Ammo is in short supply right now.
View Quote

what panic are you guys going thru? don't tell me this virus got  everyone shaking in their boots on the green isle.............if that is where you are

@Uncle_Billy

I see you are new here.

You are in a Technical Forum called AK Mags. You're post is off topic here if it doesn't pertain to AK mags.

You want to talk politics there is a forum for that called General Discussion.

If you happened to click past the forum rules when you joined this site here is the part that pertains to Technical Forums;

Specific to the Tech Forums

The Tech Forums (AR-15, AK-47, Handgun, Armory, Training, Outdoors) are more "formal" and actions permitted in the General Discussion forums are not permitted there. These forums are to share information and as a result, trolling, heated arguments, insulting others, etc will not be ignored.

dryflash3
Link Posted: 9/10/2020 2:26:36 PM EDT
[#8]
ah jeeze just asked a simple question to his post to why he couldn't  get any ammo, it  wasn't to "incite"  any political discussion.  just wanted to know why it's hard for him to get ammo, that is all............. but Ok,  whatever

BTW why blue font? red would be more "appropriate"
Link Posted: 9/10/2020 11:23:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/13/2020 7:09:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Haven't tested mine yet, but it feels very flimsy. I have serious doubts about it's durability.
Link Posted: 9/13/2020 7:24:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Atlantic Firearms sent out some of these fakelites to a handful of people in exchange for our unbiased opinions.

In the first 2 reviews I saw, the people loaded the mags and dropped them from around 3-4ft.  The mags broke and were no longer usable.  Does not bode well for any hard use or really any sort of running and gunning or 3gun where mags are regularly slammed around.

After seeing those first two, I chose not to drop mine.  I did do some simi-destructive testing on it.  Burnt it and cut it a bit.  To me, it seems like a thermoset plastic with a small amount of glass fiber reinforcement.  I've been using the mag in my regular rotation of mags, but not dropping it or tossing it around.  It goes to the range.  It gets shot.  It goes in the mag bag and goes home.  And it gets reloaded.  Rinse and repeat.  Several hundred rounds and its still running fine.  It hasn't misfed or broken yet.

As to the color, its a really bright halloween orange.  It is not really close to the color of my real bakelite steff.  Compared to Izzy, Tula, and polish bakelite, the korean fakelite looks faker than a kardashian.  All its missing is some black triangles for eyes and a black semicircle with some teeth for a smile and it'll be a jack-o-lantern.  Based on the suggested price of like $20+, and how fragile the mags have been, and the fact that it doesn't really look that great, i don't think the juice is worth the squeeze.  Even tapco and promag are sturdier than the fakelite and they cost 1/3 the price.  Its only real appeal would be mimicking a bakelite mag for instagram pictures, but it doesnt look real, so whats the point.
Link Posted: 9/13/2020 10:18:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 3:18:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Atlantic Firearms sent out some of these fakelites to a handful of people in exchange for our unbiased opinions.

In the first 2 reviews I saw, the people loaded the mags and dropped them from around 3-4ft.  The mags broke and were no longer usable.  Does not bode well for any hard use or really any sort of running and gunning or 3gun where mags are regularly slammed around.

After seeing those first two, I chose not to drop mine.  I did do some simi-destructive testing on it.  Burnt it and cut it a bit.  To me, it seems like a thermoset plastic with a small amount of glass fiber reinforcement.  I've been using the mag in my regular rotation of mags, but not dropping it or tossing it around.  It goes to the range.  It gets shot.  It goes in the mag bag and goes home.  And it gets reloaded.  Rinse and repeat.  Several hundred rounds and its still running fine.  It hasn't misfed or broken yet.

As to the color, its a really bright halloween orange.  It is not really close to the color of my real bakelite steff.  Compared to Izzy, Tula, and polish bakelite, the korean fakelite looks faker than a kardashian.  All its missing is some black triangles for eyes and a black semicircle with some teeth for a smile and it'll be a jack-o-lantern.  Based on the suggested price of like $20+, and how fragile the mags have been, and the fact that it doesn't really look that great, i don't think the juice is worth the squeeze.  Even tapco and promag are sturdier than the fakelite and they cost 1/3 the price.  Its only real appeal would be mimicking a bakelite mag for instagram pictures, but it doesnt look real, so whats the point.
View Quote

Wanted to follow up on this, excellent post but how do you think a darker rit dye would work on these? With the price of 7.62 Bakelite, this is getting only slightly more appealing
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 4:54:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Wanted to follow up on this, excellent post but how do you think a darker rit dye would work on these? With the price of 7.62 Bakelite, this is getting only slightly more appealing
View Quote

Wanted to follow up for an opinion. Anyone try a darker Rit Dye?
Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top