Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 11/14/2020 5:28:09 PM EDT
Attachment Attached File

The Tortort receive was a awesome! Those guys know how to make a receiver!
Link Posted: 11/14/2020 5:34:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Of course, they are sold out of these on their website. Badass rifle so far.
Link Posted: 11/14/2020 7:51:50 PM EDT
[#2]
They are in stock at Atlantic
Link Posted: 11/15/2020 1:30:00 AM EDT
[#3]
No issues working with the Tortort receiver? As in no custom fitting. I have their receiver waiting to be built into an ARM.
Link Posted: 11/15/2020 1:58:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They are in stock at Atlantic
View Quote

No my friend. Atlantic does not sell the receivers with the lightning cuts or the scope mounts. They also do not sell the units with the IDF markings that you can get from Torttort directly.

Atlantic sells the base model.
Link Posted: 11/15/2020 2:11:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

No my friend. Atlantic does not sell the receivers with the lightning cuts or the scope mounts. They also do not sell the units with the IDF markings that you can get from Torttort directly.

Atlantic sells the base model.
View Quote

Tortort sends the base model receiver to Jeff at Hillbilly Firearms to have those features added. You could buy one from Atlantic and send it to Jeff yourself.
Link Posted: 11/15/2020 1:35:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Tortort sends the base model receiver to Jeff at Hillbilly Firearms to have those features added. You could buy one from Atlantic and send it to Jeff yourself.
View Quote

Thats actually good to know my friend! But a rather expensive way to go considering the extra shipping costs. Do you know off hand what he charges for the cuts and engraving on the base model receivers?
Link Posted: 11/15/2020 7:20:13 PM EDT
[#7]
If you get the one from Tortort will all the Israeli making and cuts you are looking at around $700 and change. Of course Hillbilly does the cuts and markings.
Link Posted: 11/15/2020 9:52:16 PM EDT
[#8]
What does he charge?

250 bucks seems prety expensive upgrade for some markings on trort's website.
Link Posted: 11/17/2020 10:47:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Nice! Just got my receiver today as well. What did you do for the rivets?
Link Posted: 11/19/2020 11:07:34 AM EDT
[#10]
I got the rivets from AK-Builder. I used the standard trigger guard rivets, and used the a trunnion rivet for the bullet guide rivet ( just cut to fit). You can use a trigger guard rivet but it a little short but it will work.
Link Posted: 11/19/2020 11:38:59 AM EDT
[#11]
Nice progress, looking forward to seeing the finished result.
Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top