Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/13/2021 1:42:53 PM EDT
Ok, so I'm shopping ammo here.  I haven't had to buy 7.62x39 for like, 30 years.  Anyway looking at MAXX Tech, Wolf Military Classic, Red Army Standard, and Tula.  Are any of these better than any others or are they all pretty much "six of one..."
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 2:41:52 PM EDT
[#1]
I don’t know anything about the maxx tech but out of the others you stated I like the wolf military classic the best.
Personally if I can find brown bear that’s usually when I go for... IMHO
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 2:57:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 9:50:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Golden Tiger uses a boat tailed bullet and is significantly more accurate in my opinion.
Link Posted: 8/14/2021 12:43:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Wolf, RAS and Tula are G2G.

Havnt had any accuracy issues with anything. I shoot my AK out to 300 yards regularly. Rings steel every time with a Romeo 5 and whatever cheap garbage I feed it. It is a Saiga with 3-4000 down the pipe at bare minimum.
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 7:33:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Hard to say, the first three are importers and buy from multiple sources. RAS also comes in different flavors, from different factories.
Used to be Wolf Black box was Tula and Wolf Military Classis was Barnaul but I’ve seen Tula packaged as WMC.

Tula is Tula, not junk but IMHO the bottom of the barrel. Not loaded as consistently as other stuff but does chrono a bit faster than others.

Golden Tiger from Vympel is top shelf, RAS & Maxx both have a certain brand that’s from Vympel and can be spotted by the purple neck & primer seal.
Not easy to find.

My first choice is anything from Barnaul, like Brown Bear, Monarch or Barnaul branded. A step up from Tula but not hard to find cheap.
Primer seal is better than no seal, and neck & primer seal means it’s very good.

For inexpensive brass case, PPU or Geco.

Link Posted: 8/16/2021 6:30:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Check my post in Ammunition. Maxx is available at a great price.
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 6:35:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Check my post in Ammunition. Maxx is available at a great price.
View Quote

I haven't found it in stock anywhere.  That being said, I found a case of Wolf Military Classic shipped to me for $299

ETA....Now I see it.
Link Posted: 8/20/2021 5:07:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Also picked up a case of the MaxxTech for $286 shipped.
Link Posted: 8/21/2021 12:25:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Perfect timing. Can't even find 7.62x39 for less than .50 per round now that the ban is in effect.
Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top