Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/16/2023 4:59:34 PM EDT
I only had my AKV for 21 days. Bought accessories for it. While inspecting. I found rust inside and on barrel threads. Made a claim and sent it to the ffl to send back to palmetto state armory. Now I’m waiting to hear back from them and expect a full refund.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 5:09:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I only had my AKV for 21 days. Bought accessories for it. While inspecting. I found rust inside and on barrel threads. Made a claim and sent it to the ffl to send back to palmetto state armory. Now I’m waiting to hear back from them and expect a full refund.
View Quote

Post pics
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 5:13:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice first post.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 5:14:36 PM EDT
[#3]
This doesn't qualify for a special lower IMO
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 5:21:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

You had it 21 days and it started rusting. They're not going to be giving you a refund.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 5:36:07 PM EDT
[#5]
An oily rag usually takes care of that sort of thing.  Sometimes a stiff nylon brush with oil breaks it down faster.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 5:44:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
An oily rag usually takes care of that sort of thing.  Sometimes a stiff nylon brush with oil breaks it down faster.
View Quote

Yeah wtf OP.   Metal can get rusty if not protected.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 5:49:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Didn't take it out of the box when you did your transfer?  Or after getting home?

C"mon, three weeks later......   You gotta realise how bad that looks.

Are you sure it's rust, and not packing grease/assembly lube?   Nitride doesn't tend to rust.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 6:04:25 PM EDT
[#8]
AKs are trash anyway
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 6:41:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Lol refund. Good luck.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 6:59:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Certain metals are susceptible to rust if that’s what you are even seeing. It can likely be removed with little effort, which is what PSA will do for you. Lol OP
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 9:59:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/18/2023 1:47:01 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Nice first post.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/21/2023 4:52:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

If you contacted PSA CS, they send you a shipping label to send directly to them. Easy day. Why dick around with the FFL? I bet it is still sitting at your FFL.
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 6:28:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Why not ask what the problem is, or replacement instead of a full refund? Really comes across as a troll post.
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 2:43:29 PM EDT
[#15]
I had it for 21 days before I inspected it. And it was rusty from factory. I waited for a new muzzle break to put on it. As soon as my muzzle device came in the mail. I took it out of the box and started to detach the factory muzzle break and boom threads rusty. Opened up the dust cover and more rust. I sent them pictures. I will get a full refund. Why would anyone except a rusty gun? I’ll keep posting pics of the rusty gun on their forum and tell everyone not to buy from them.
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 2:45:45 PM EDT
[#16]
You are correct. I whipped off the rust on the inside. Came off no problem. I tried to clean the rust off the barrel threads and it did not come off. The threads had deep rust from the factory. If the rust would have came off I would have kept it. Who would except a rusty gun?
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 2:49:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Yes i took it right home and never opened the dust cover. Never removed the factory muzzle until the new one arrived. I work 6 days a week and double a few days every other week. I have pics. Like I said. The rust on the inside wiped away fine. And I was ok with keeping it.  It was the barrel thread rust.  that wouldn’t come off. And looked like it spread past the shoulder. EVEN THE GUN SMITH at the ffl said I should return it.
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 3:04:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Case number 01342031
Order number 12112735919

The firearm is still sitting at the ffl waiting for a shipping label.
https://share.icloud.com/photos/018-H_VLtRK1bm38K2qmZ_buw
https://share.icloud.com/photos/041EdMF7MkT6KszRgYXUpsRsg
https://share.icloud.com/photos/0a4ubf_Ua8JSIXuCatm-2KS3w

Sorry it took so long to respond. I didn’t check this forum and have been busy with work
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 3:05:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Your right. It is still sitting there. Psa said they would contact them. And he said he’s still waiting to hear from them.
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 3:10:42 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Please PM me your order number and/or RMA. I would like to take a look at it. Do you have any pictures?

Thank you,

Josiah
View Quote

https://share.icloud.com/photos/058TGzkYv-z2FtXCEvu9XJvRQ

https://share.icloud.com/photos/068i7Wmas
G-hArArXADf08pVw
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 3:11:41 PM EDT
[#21]
So you’re blasting them on this forum before they’ve had a chance to correct the issue? Why don’t you wait till they respond first? If their response was we don’t care, piss off then blast away. But, given it’s PSA they’ll replace it and then the issue is resolved.

If I handled every issue with a product like you, there wouldn’t be any companies left to buy from.
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 3:15:59 PM EDT
[#22]
Waited 3 weeks to inspect, rust supposedly appeared at some point but conveniently wasn't inspected at the time of taking delivery, and now care enough to raise cain on the forum?

Oh heck yeah, in on 1 on this ****show!

ETA: with a new account, incidentally.
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 3:16:16 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 3:19:22 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
So you’re blasting them on this forum before they’ve had a chance to correct the issue? Why don’t don’t wait till they respond first? If their response was we don’t care, piss off then blast away. But, given it’s PSA they’ll replace it and then the issue is resolved.

If I handled every issue with a product like you, there wouldn’t be any companies left to buy from.
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 9:39:22 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 9:52:35 PM EDT
[#26]
NVM
Link Posted: 1/29/2023 3:51:47 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Why not ask what the problem is, or replacement instead of a full refund? Really comes across as a troll post.
View Quote

Autism
Link Posted: 2/15/2023 1:03:38 AM EDT
[#28]
No pictures?

Lolololololol

Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Autism
View Quote

Super autistic
Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top