Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 10:03:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Don't want this to fall into archives.

Still waiting for permission to cut the barrel. Based on what I've seen here and there with current wait times and FBI background delay, I think I'm at least still 2 months away.

Even though I submitted mid October, I wasn't "really" submitted until after pending research which was mid January.
Link Posted: 3/27/2021 9:09:04 AM EDT
[#2]
well I am waiting patiently.
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 10:21:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Another month down. Still waiting. Haven't even shot the rifle again since I tested the new gas block a while back. The day I get my stamp email, I will be cutting the barrel and hitting the range. Even if that means taking off work .
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 10:05:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Another month down. Still waiting. Haven't even shot the rifle again since I tested the new gas block a while back. The day I get my stamp email, I will be cutting the barrel and hitting the range. Even if that means taking off work .
View Quote

crazy.

I see guys getting approved in under a month still
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 11:15:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Another month down. Still waiting.
View Quote

This has been a good thread, so I wanted to bump it up. Are you still waiting?
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 11:19:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

This has been a good thread, so I wanted to bump it up. Are you still waiting?
View Quote
Sure am. I've gotten one of my senators involved. About all I know is that we went delayed, then the next day my name was cleared by the fbi. So that leaves me to believe it's got to be my dad holding things up as he's a RP. Which is dumb bc we have 2 suppressors through the trust already.

I have seen a couple mid January approvals that were also delayed. My official submittal date is January 12, 2021.

Trust me as soon as I get the email, that barrel is getting chopped and I'm going blast a ton of ammo.
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 8:57:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Sure am. I've gotten one of my senators involved. About all I know is that we went delayed, then the next day my name was cleared by the fbi. So that leaves me to believe it's got to be my dad holding things up as he's a RP. Which is dumb bc we have 2 suppressors through the trust already.
I have seen a couple mid January approvals that were also delayed. My official submittal date is January 12, 2021.
Trust me as soon as I get the email, that barrel is getting chopped and I'm going blast a ton of ammo.
View Quote

Bummer man.
There really is no rhyme or reason with how Atf processes applications. If it makes you feel better my last F4 took 393 days.

I don't like mentioning reddit, but they have a good subreddit for atf wait times and time frames for approvals. (Kind of like Arfcom's NFA section)
Another oddball F1 I saw over there was approved at 188.
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 9:06:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Bummer man.
There really is no rhyme or reason with how Atf processes applications. If it makes you feel better my last F4 took 393 days.

I don't like mentioning reddit, but they have a good subreddit for atf wait times and time frames for approvals. (Kind of like Arfcom's NFA section)
Another oddball F1 I saw over there was approved at 188.
View Quote
What really kicked me while I was down was the 3 months in pending research. So technically I'm at like 242 days since I paid for the stamp, but only 151 days since real submittal.

It'll come eventually.
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 11:40:21 PM EDT
[#9]
I built up a bulgy 105 kit and welded on a 4" muzzle brake to make it legal. It sat in the back of the safe for years, unused, unloved...

I was going to sell it  but some of the builds on this site inspired me so I submitted my paperwork, got it turned around less than a month. Engraved last night, assembled today, reborn as a 12.5" barrel sbr i call the "escape from LARPov" clone

tips the scale at over 12 pounds... 2x original weight...
Link Posted: 6/13/2021 9:06:01 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I built up a bulgy 105 kit and welded on a 4" muzzle brake to make it legal. It sat in the back of the safe for years, unused, unloved...

I was going to sell it  but some of the builds on this site inspired me so I submitted my paperwork, got it turned around less than a month. Engraved last night, assembled today, reborn as a 12.5" barrel sbr i call the "escape from LARPov" clone

https://i.imgur.com/Y3HI1tw.jpg

tips the scale at over 12 pounds... 2x original weight...
View Quote
ohhhh noice!!

Ive been eyeing one of those stocks. Maybe one day I'll come off the money.
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 11:21:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
ohhhh noice!!

Ive been eyeing one of those stocks. Maybe one day I'll come off the money.
View Quote

I would really like one of those russian AK12 stocks that kind of look like the zhukov... unobtainium...
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 11:45:14 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I would really like one of those russian AK12 stocks that kind of look like the zhukov... unobtainium...
View Quote

They're available, you just have to be willing to order from Russia.
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 11:59:02 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

They're available, you just have to be willing to order from Russia.
View Quote

the guy selling them seemed incredibly sketchy and wouldn't respond - - if it was someone like Ivan tactical, I wouldn't hesitate to buy...

did you get one? I think I recall you did... can it be converted to the non russian trunion size?

thanks
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 9:28:11 AM EDT
[#14]
Alright boi's. Got my approval this morning. Gotta get some shit squared away at work then headed home to cut this fucking barrel. If all goes as planned, we will have an ak-105 tonight!
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 10:04:08 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Alright boi's. Got my approval this morning. Gotta get some shit squared away at work then headed home to cut this fucking barrel. If all goes as planned, we will have an ak-105 tonight!
View Quote
Please leave the memes in GD. dryflash3
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 2:11:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Headed to the range to test her out. Damn she fine.

Attachment Attached File

eta: just leaving the range. Only had time to put six mags through it, but it functioned perfectly. No keyholing and it was holding groups. Very happy the way it turned out. Especially for a garage job.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 7/1/2021 5:11:28 PM EDT
[#17]
<hell ya brother meme>?
Link Posted: 7/2/2021 11:03:36 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
BigOoooof.meme
Link Posted: 7/2/2021 11:25:12 AM EDT
[#19]
Already on to the next project. Have a galil ace 16" 5.45 coming in on a trade.

"Alpha" galil? Maybe so.

Another note. I need a foregrip of some sort. Sumbitch gets hawt!
Link Posted: 7/2/2021 12:25:51 PM EDT
[#20]
I've always been partial to the magpul stubby. However, if you wann keep going with the Tarkov clone, there's some companies that sell Russian one, just can't recall the names. Also, I really want an offset grip. I had one but sold it......
Link Posted: 7/2/2021 12:32:50 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I've always been partial to the magpul stubby. However, if you wann keep going with the Tarkov clone, there's some companies that sell Russian one, just can't recall the names. Also, I really want an offset grip. I had one but sold it......
View Quote
Yea I'll probably stick with a zenitco one.

Google kalash stash and it'll be the first website. I think fullak . Com. They have their inventory in the states and the prices are decent.

Rpk offset grip? Yea, so sick.

Link Posted: 7/3/2021 7:49:12 AM EDT
[#22]
I had this one, I think it was a Krebs

Link Posted: 7/8/2021 6:39:51 PM EDT
[#23]
Think I'm going to bust out the krylon this weekend. It's begging for it.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 7/16/2021 5:55:02 PM EDT
[#24]
Couldn't stand it. Busted out the paint today.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 7/16/2021 9:29:59 PM EDT
[#25]

Nice dude. Rifle will look even better, once the paint starts getting a bit salty.

I've been following from the beginning. Good to see this rifle come full circle.
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top