Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/27/2020 8:17:09 PM EDT
Hello, I’d like to grab a few “stripped” receivers to sit on and build up throughout the rest of my life. At this time it can’t be a pistol or rifle for me so I’d like just receivers to potentially build eventually or have someone build for me.

What decent prices receivers should I look at? I’d like mainly 5.56 and 7.62 but would also like 5.45 receivers. I can’t tell the difference between 5.45 and 5.56 receivers if there is on (74?) and 7.62 I assume is the 47 receiver. Thanks for help and sorry for confusion I don’t know a damn thing about ak’s.
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 8:38:29 PM EDT
[#1]
The receivers are the cheap part these days.  The ship has sailed on the 5.45 stuff, and there aren't many 7.62 kits around for cheap.

No point buying receivers unless you already have the kits for them to go on.
Link Posted: 9/29/2020 9:37:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Just figure kits would come and go even at $500 Still an option
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 7:37:49 PM EDT
[#3]
I’m new to building AK’s too but I just picked up a nice Romanian kit and have a receiver waiting to be shipped.  But for the most part everything is out of stock just like for AR’s.

Not sure how much you know about building but if you buy an 80 pct ak receiver you will have to finish it yourself because like an 80 pct AR lower, no builder will use that 80 because you have to finish it. Others can chime in if I’m wrong about that but I believe I am correct. It’s a legal situation.

The good news is if you send the kit to an established builder they can supply the receiver(for an added fee of course).

On the other hand if you decide to build it yourself, from my research, I do not see an advantage to buying a 100 pct receiver and going through all the transfer mess. Because you are still going to have to do some shop work putting it all together. So may as well do the little extra yourself and you will have an off the books gun.

I guess the best thing for now is research, lot of good info out there and not like yiu can do much anyway. I have an AR i only need one piece to finish. Who knows when the part will come back in stock? But there are other projects and things such as tools that I can work on in the meantime. Just the way it is. Do what you can.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top