Link Posted: 2/27/2023 4:03:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/27/2023 4:19:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/27/2023 11:09:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By TOTHEMAX:
Do any of them hold any significant value over the others?
View Quote

IMHO, of the com-bloc makers, EG and Hungarian, and Russian mags are the highest quality. I've owned Chinese, Bulgarian, Romanian, in addition  to the above three makes. In all honesty though, they all work the same and are equally durable.

Significant difference in value? Not really. I think EG mags have generally commanded a higher price just because they are the nicest looking and "German quality".

Russian mag prices are based on their rarity compared to the other makes that were imported in greater numbers.

Romanian mags tend to be the roughest looking,
have the lowest quality stamping and sloppiest spot welds, but they still work. I'd pay more for a Hungarian or EG mag than a Romy, but if all I had to use were Romanian AK mags I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.
Link Posted: 2/27/2023 11:46:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/19/2023 5:23:27 AM EDT
[#6]
5 is Bulgarian.

45 degree angle on top of rear rib.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 12:56:15 PM EDT
[#7]
I got so frustrated trying to ID my metal surplus mags I just gave up on some of them.  I was able to identify Romanian, Polish, Yugo, East German, Bulgarian, Hungarian, and Chinese positivly.  I have others that I am not 100% sure about and said fuck it.

The Croation are easy because of their logo on the body, and because they usually don't fit the mag well...

I have some Korean metal mags as well.  They work, but are lighter weight than the traditional surplus mag.
Link Posted: 8/16/2023 9:57:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top