Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/2/2018 8:08:19 PM EDT
I'm brand new to AKs and just picked up a Mini Draco. I can't find a whole hell of a lot of information about the rear trunnion (or lack of trunnion) on it. I know absolutely nothing about the AK platform so far and am trying to learn as much as I can.

I plan on putting in my form 1 sometime this week. I just would like to know from you guys what I will have to do to be able to add a stock to my Mini.

I'm looking at going Circle 10 fold stock hinge with a skeleton stock.

Does that combination look like it would work alright?

Any information you can link would be appreciated.

Thanks!

ETA: I've already figured out my parts needed for 922(r)
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 8:41:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 9:15:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That stuff should work as long as your capable of drilling/tapping the holes for that folding adapter.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
That stuff should work as long as your capable of drilling/tapping the holes for that folding adapter.
That's what I was hoping, just wanted some people more knowledgeable than myself to point me in the right direction

Quoted:
Just not sure I want to spend the $200 for the stamp when I can simply put a pistol "brace" on it.
Before I got my current AR Pistol I felt the same way... until I shot it. It was terribly uncomfortable and a pain in the butt since there were several of us shooting it that ranged in heights from 5'2" to 6'. I absolutely hate the braces. My current AR Pistol has a form 1 pending and I can't see myself sticking with the braces.
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 11:45:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Might want to check into our Bonesteel arms draco stocks, they attach with a single 3/8 through hole, rather than 2 10-32 tapped holes.
Late january we will have braces, that look almost just like our galil stocks, simply has a brace intead of the buttplate.
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 11:29:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Might want to check into our Bonesteel arms draco stocks, they attach with a single 3/8 through hole, rather than 2 10-32 tapped holes.
Late january we will have braces, that look almost just like our galil stocks, simply has a brace intead of the buttplate.
http://i66.tinypic.com/5offnl.jpg
View Quote
Not a fan of the big, bulky, folding adapters.
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 3:26:57 PM EDT
[#5]
The parts you link to will work fine.  I have a Micro and not the Mini, but close enough.  The first pic below is what mine looked like when I first SBR'd it a few years ago using the Ace stock and Ace hinge.  I've since jazzed mine up a bit once I found out that SLR Rifleworks made a handguard to replace what I found to be the very uncomfortable wood factory piece.  I now use the Circle 10 hinge you link to and I find it much easier to operate than the Ace and other hinges.  It does have a little bit of wiggle to it when locked, but it doesn't bother me at all (others don't like it).   Drilling and tapping the holes in the trunion is not difficult if you're handy with tools.

Link Posted: 12/3/2018 4:33:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The parts you link to will work fine.  I have a Micro and not the Mini, but close enough.  The first pic below is what mine looked like when I first SBR'd it a few years ago using the Ace stock and Ace hinge.  I've since jazzed mine up a bit once I found out that SLR Rifleworks made a handguard to replace what I found to be the very uncomfortable wood factory piece.  I now use the Circle 10 hinge you link to and I find it much easier to operate than the Ace and other hinges.  It does have a little bit of wiggle to it when locked, but it doesn't bother me at all (others don't like it).   Drilling and tapping the holes in the trunion is not difficult if you're handy with tools.

https://i.imgur.com/fga7qyD.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/GAwhBY1.jpg
View Quote
Im diggin' the bottom picture a lot. I just can't justify almost $300 for a bottom and top rail from SLR for my Mini.

Good to hear what I picked will be fine. I'll post pics when my form 1 comes back, hopefully in a few weeks.
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 5:22:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I'm brand new to AKs and just picked up a Mini Draco. I can't find a whole hell of a lot of information about the rear trunnion (or lack of trunnion) on it. I know absolutely nothing about the AK platform so far and am trying to learn as much as I can.

I plan on putting in my form 1 sometime this week. I just would like to know from you guys what I will have to do to be able to add a stock to my Mini.

I'm looking at going Circle 10 fold stock hinge with a skeleton stock.

Does that combination look like it would work alright?

Any information you can link would be appreciated.

Thanks!

ETA: I've already figured out my parts needed for 922(r)
View Quote
That combo should work just fine, stock is kinda long, remember the adapter is gonna add another 3/4" or so to that overall LOP, so on an AK that's probably gonna be around 13 inches overall LOP.

Measure 10 times, then measure another 10 times before you center punch for the holes to be drilled. Use a cobalt bit, no you can not get by with just a regular metal bit, trunnions are HARD.

Haven't owned a mini draco, but i'm assuming the trunnion is thick enough to drill and tap, but personally I prefer to drill all the way through and use a double-nut on the inside for the ultimate in strength and stability.

Good luck with your project, be sure to update thread with some pics when done.
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 10:06:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Im diggin' the bottom picture a lot. I just can't justify almost $300 for a bottom and top rail from SLR for my Mini.

Good to hear what I picked will be fine. I'll post pics when my form 1 comes back, hopefully in a few weeks.
View Quote
Yeah, the SLR pieces are expensive, but for the Micro anyway it has completely transformed the gun for me, especially since it gives a means to attach a vertical grip which really transforms it.  The VFG is another reason to SBR a short barrel gun like these IMO.
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 10:25:12 PM EDT
[#9]
I was afraid of screwing up my PAP so I went with the USMachinegun folding adapter with a brace. No mus no fuss looks good and is functional.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top