Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Troubleshooting
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 7/27/2020 2:04:08 PM EDT
I recently found someone to help me install an ALG trigger into my Riley Defense AK. Seemed fine, initial function check seemed working(and totally sweet).

First range trip. Shot 5 rounds, fell in love with the trigger pull, then on the 6 or 7 shot the trigger wasn't working. That's when I noticed the pin that keeps the trigger in place was out. Not having tools, I went home to inspect.

The pin definitely became dislodged, so I put it back in place, but now it won't sit flush. It's like 2 or 3 millimeters shy of being in properly, you can see comparing to the sear pin that it's not in enough. I took it back to the shop I bought it, hoping a qualified gunsmith could tell me if I did it right or not, and the guy who sold it to me got all sketched out saying AK's are combat guns and have no place taking after market triggers, and Im lucky it didn't go full auto.

I don't know how to upload pics on this website but I can e-mail or text photos if someone can offer help. I'm wondering if maybe it's just not compatible with my rifle? Should I just put the stock trigger back and sell the ALG or is there some mod I have to do?
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 2:15:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Did you reinstall the fcg retainer properly?
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 2:16:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/31/2020 6:30:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/31/2020 7:45:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 9:08:43 PM EDT
[#5]
That’s not going to be the trigger’s fault. Something was installed improperly.
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 2:06:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By GRMGR1:
That’s not going to be the trigger’s fault. Something was installed improperly.
View Quote

I agree but it seems like this is just another of these posts where they do not respond back about the issue.........not even a thank you
Page AK-47 » Troubleshooting
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top