Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 5/26/2023 11:15:13 AM EDT

More in a bit, I’m working, but major improvements have been made…

Video and other photos on KC website: HERE
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 5:19:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Is it just me or is that top cover more reinforced?

AKV-521 is what they need but cannot afford, along with better training and leadership…….or just walk home
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 6:53:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is it just me or is that top cover more reinforced?

AKV-521 is what they need but cannot afford, along with better training and leadership…….or just walk home
View Quote

It also looks like the top handguard is retained with a pin. I am trying to get the video to load, but for some reason I can’t.
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 9:32:39 AM EDT
[#3]
The real question is will the hand guard hold zero for a laser. May still be the duty of a good Zenitco rail.
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 3:14:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Oh man, I need one of those cheek risers!
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 7:01:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Oh man, I need one of those cheek risers!
View Quote

I am trying to locate one of the handguard systems. The original is too flexible.
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 11:08:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I am trying to locate one of the handguard systems. The original is too flexible.
View Quote

Well, good luck to both of us.  Hopefully they haven't clamped down on their Supply officers selling off parts to the commercial market
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 11:19:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

From other photos I've seen, it looks like they changed the junction block that the piston tube is apart of, along with the retaining pin for the receiver cover. The new handguards may not work with the earlier variants that are in the US currently.
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 11:47:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Well, good luck to both of us.  Hopefully they haven't clamped down on their Supply officers selling off parts to the commercial market
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I think within five years we will see parts kits.

Quoted:

From other photos I've seen, it looks like they changed the junction block that the piston tube is apart of, along with the retaining pin for the receiver cover. The new handguards may not work with the earlier variants that are in the US currently.

Good eye on the pin. I didn’t notice it at all. I wish someone was able to download and post the video. I can’t seem to access it from here.
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 9:43:24 AM EDT
[#9]
What's up with "quietly" titled threads. Seems like a pointless use of an adverb.

The rifle looks cool though. Kinda wish I still had my 74 clone.
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 9:44:01 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Good eye on the pin. I didn’t notice it at all. I wish someone was able to download and post the video. I can’t seem to access it from here.
View Quote

Here:

Cool to see that they implemented the push-pin style of take-down for the receiver cover. I was actually planning on making a new junction block that would utilize HK push pins for take-down, but as with most things with me, it got put on the back burner. Also good because if you need to replace the pin, you don't have to grind down the end of it like you would on the earlier variant.
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 10:23:03 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vhnI7IPbYg

Cool to see that they implemented the push-pin style of take-down for the receiver cover. I was actually planning on making a new junction block that would utilize HK push pins for take-down, but as with most things with me, it got put on the back burner. Also good because if you need to replace the pin, you don't have to grind down the end of it like you would on the earlier variant.
View Quote

Thanks for posting the video. I was pulling my hair out because they replaced the original on their telegram page with the link I put in the OP to their membership club.
I still want to see the handguard stripped so we can identify the connection method.
If you do ever end up updating the original pin, let us all know man. I know I’m in for one or two!
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 10:26:20 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
What's up with "quietly" titled threads. Seems like a pointless use of an adverb.

View Quote

Rumor has it, it was originally added to the title of threads to make things easier to search by internet poster BigSal himself. The practice took on a life of its own and now is more a meme than anything else.
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 10:45:12 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 11:23:44 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Thanks for posting the video. I was pulling my hair out because they replaced the original on their telegram page with the link I put in the OP to their membership club.
I still want to see the handguard stripped so we can identify the connection method.
If you do ever end up updating the original pin, let us all know man. I know I’m in for one or two!
View Quote

Looking at the video it looks like it is the same the block, but with the little "wing" on the right that locks the lever milled off. But I'm only guessing. The alternate block is still on my "don't abandon" project list. It would also utilize a removable piston tube. I got as far as machining a very rough prototype.
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 7:32:14 PM EDT
[#16]

They don’t even make an attempt to try to photograph the correct rifle. Absolutely ridiculous article as well. They really have made decent improvements each generation. CNN might have been honest and stated as much.

Quoted:

Looking at the video it looks like it is the same the block, but with the little "wing" on the right that locks the lever milled off. But I'm only guessing. The alternate block is still on my "don't abandon" project list. It would also utilize a removable piston tube. I got as far as machining a very rough prototype.

I like the idea. We also need a U.S. made handguard and I am sick of waiting. :)
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 1:51:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 2:57:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Speaking of the AK-12:
https://twitter.com/CalibreObscura/status/1665747462458417152

Feedback from contacts currently in the fight indicates that the AK-12 is not well regarded but it is better than some of the clapped-out AK-74 variants Ukraine pulled out.
Link Posted: 6/11/2023 9:07:38 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 6/11/2023 2:24:39 PM EDT
[#20]

Should be on the next cover of Playboy.
Link Posted: 6/11/2023 4:57:14 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Should be on the next cover of Playboy.
View Quote

Either the ak12 or Condoleezza Rice in her 20’s. I’m really not picky..
Link Posted: 6/11/2023 8:20:25 PM EDT
[#22]
????? "??????????" ??-12 ??? ????????

??? ??? ??-12 ??????? 2023 ????

???????? «????????» ?? ????? ????????? ?????? ???????? ?? 12

I don't know Russian but the closed caption auto translate is understandable.

Starting at 6 min 16 sec.

And some screen caps from some Youtube shorts.

Link Posted: 6/11/2023 8:54:41 PM EDT
[#23]

That hand guard is interesting in that it looks like the two halves are attached with screws from the top.
Link Posted: 6/11/2023 9:14:49 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

That hand guard is interesting in that it looks like the two halves are attached with screws from the top.
View Quote

Yeah what's also interesting to me is that according to auto translated closed captions for the vid with Vladmir Onokoy, it's made out of metal. It also looks like it has MLOK slots at the 3 and 9 o'clock positions. No clue if that design is for "special units" only or if the design was abandoned for a "newer" version.

The other vids have what appears to me to be a new polymer handguard that is attached to the receiver via silver cross pin and a black cross pin/roll pin on the front of the handguard? Can't tell if the upper handguard is pinned to a new gas tube support structure up front or if that is a tongue of the lower handguard.

I'm assuming the metal handguard is a special product upgrade for already produced AK12s and the new polymer handguard with reinforcing structural ribs is regular production?
Link Posted: 6/11/2023 11:17:25 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Yeah what's also interesting to me is that according to auto translated closed captions for the vid with Vladmir Onokoy, it's made out of metal. It also looks like it has MLOK slots at the 3 and 9 o'clock positions. No clue if that design is for "special units" only or if the design was abandoned for a "newer" version.

The other vids have what appears to me to be a new polymer handguard that is attached to the receiver via silver cross pin and a black cross pin/roll pin on the front of the handguard? Can't tell if the upper handguard is pinned to a new gas tube support structure up front or if that is a tongue of the lower handguard.

I'm assuming the metal handguard is a special product upgrade for already produced AK12s and the new polymer handguard with reinforcing structural ribs is regular production?
View Quote

Vladmir is a member here, I’m wondering if he will chime in.
Link Posted: 6/12/2023 1:26:02 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Either the ak12 or Condoleezza Rice in her 20’s. I’m really not picky..
View Quote

Sorry, just no...

Given that I've met her, this just hurts additionally...

Whatever happened to Kate Upton before she got married?
Link Posted: 6/12/2023 1:52:23 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Sorry, just no...

Given that I've met her, this just hurts additionally...

Whatever happened to Kate Upton before she got married?
View Quote

I have particular tastes that aren’t shared by everyone!
Anyway, I am laser focused on figuring out the new handguard attachment method. If anyone has pictures of the new version field stripped I’d appreciate it if you posted them.
Link Posted: 6/12/2023 10:14:29 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 6/12/2023 11:05:21 AM EDT
[#29]
I Tried New Russian Army Assault Rifle | AK-12 Gen3 | What's New, What's Changed?

Another vid but no new info that no one doesn't know about.
Link Posted: 6/12/2023 10:08:30 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

Does it actually matter? I've yet to see one with an optic or any accessories mounted.

Link Posted: 6/12/2023 10:49:51 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agcfhZahQi4

Another vid but no new info that no one doesn't know about.
View Quote

This guy is shooting a gun like its his very first time ever firing a weapon. LMFAO
Link Posted: 6/12/2023 11:23:36 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

This guy is shooting a gun like its his very first time ever firing a weapon. LMFAO
View All Quotes
Quoted:

A lot of Indian fellas don’t have access to firearms in their home country. It might have been his first time or second time shooting. Makes me thankful we are where we are actually.

Quoted:

Does it actually matter? I've yet to see one with an optic or any accessories mounted.

Download telegram. Log out of twitter. Plenty of optics mounted all over the place on AK’s. What I want to see is the next generation sport 12 which will feature a co-plainer pic rail. I may take a massive risk and buy it when it becomes available and see if I can get it over here. I missed out on the LAC handguards and am super regretful..
Link Posted: 6/12/2023 11:25:26 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
What say we get back on topic, this is the wrong forum to discuss women.

Please stick to AKs.  I was hoping this line of the thread would die out, but looks like I have say something. dryflash3
View Quote

Roger that. It was my fault. Will move it to GD next time.
Link Posted: 6/12/2023 11:37:58 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 12:13:59 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

A lot of Indian fellas don’t have access to firearms in their home country. It might have been his first time or second time shooting. Makes me thankful we are where we are actually.
View Quote

This is true, and it makes more sense him coming from India. Especially as someone from India would have more interest in the Latest AK's since their military is switching over to the AK-15/203 variant.
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 2:11:11 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

This is true, and it makes more sense him coming from India. Especially as someone from India would have more interest in the Latest AK's since their military is switching over to the AK-15/203 variant.
View Quote

Honestly it’s not a bad system if they are using 7.62x39. And obviously if they are running the factory, they will be able to keep costs constrained, so the 203 is a solid choice.
I’m more interested in seeing India consolidate down to a single caliber instead of five…
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 2:03:58 AM EDT
[#37]
Watching this combat footage here, and @23:35 you can clearly see the updated/more recent version of the Russian AK12 being the pistol grip and the trigger guard combo as a dead giveaway as the one pictured above strapped to that Ukrainian Soldiers back. Either it way it was captured, be it off surrendering Russians, a dead corpse, or a captured cache/left behind Russian Equipment. Speak very little Russian/Ukrainian, but he states something in regards to that specific AK12 he has, maybe even how it was acquired. Be cool if we can get some more information on it.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 3:46:32 PM EDT
[#38]
?? – 12 ?????? 2023 ????. ????? ???????? ?????? ??????? ????? ??????. ??????? ???????????
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 7:36:25 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Watching this combat footage here, and @23:35 you can clearly see the updated/more recent version of the Russian AK12 being the pistol grip and the trigger guard combo as a dead giveaway as the one pictured above strapped to that Ukrainian Soldiers back. Either it way it was captured, be it off surrendering Russians, a dead corpse, or a captured cache/left behind Russian Equipment. Speak very little Russian/Ukrainian, but he states something in regards to that specific AK12 he has, maybe even how it was acquired. Be cool if we can get some more information on it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

It’s not the newest model. It’s a v2 not v3. Note the handguard. There are about five times more surrendered Ukrainians in this conflict and a similar ratio favoring the Russians when it comes to dead and wounded personnel. We likely won’t see any captured units coming from the former Ukraine due to the obvious fact that they will lose the war.
But let’s leave the commentary to the GD section.

I wish he would have stripped the handguard down to the pinned portion so we could see what the retention mechanism is. Great video!
Link Posted: 6/21/2023 8:47:41 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

It's not the newest model. It's a v2 not v3. Note the handguard. There are about five times more surrendered Ukrainians in this conflict and a similar ratio favoring the Russians when it comes to dead and wounded personnel. We likely won't see any captured units coming from the former Ukraine due to the obvious fact that they will lose the war.
But let's leave the commentary to the GD section.

I wish he would have stripped the handguard down to the pinned portion so we could see what the retention mechanism is. Great video!
View Quote

makes a political statement then says to leave it in GD......
Link Posted: 6/21/2023 11:55:24 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 6/21/2023 1:29:50 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Ya, a little sketchy. Hope it end there.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Ya, a little sketchy. Hope it end there.

Quoted:

makes a political statement then says to leave it in GD......

Not going to argue with you two on a Wednesday morning. If you’d like just take it as “the possibility of imports from a war zone in great numbers are low”. I’ve tried personally to get a V2 dust cover and aperture sight and it has met with failure. Start talking about the V3 and the likelihood diminishes even further.
Link Posted: 6/21/2023 7:22:18 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

It’s not the newest model. It’s a v2 not v3. Note the handguard. There are about five times more surrendered Ukrainians in this conflict and a similar ratio favoring the Russians when it comes to dead and wounded personnel. We likely won’t see any captured units coming from the former Ukraine due to the obvious fact that they will lose the war.
But let’s leave the commentary to the GD section.

View Quote

Don't care for the political analysis of the reply, but seriously you know anyone who can translate what is said in regards to that AK-12, they do make mention of it on the time stamp I posted.
Link Posted: 6/21/2023 11:11:21 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Don't care for the political analysis of the reply, but seriously you know anyone who can translate what is said in regards to that AK-12, they do make mention of it on the time stamp I posted.
View Quote

It’s a long video. I can have my wife translate a portion but I’d be in the shithouse if I asked for the entire video. Which part is most interesting for translation?
Link Posted: 6/22/2023 1:17:12 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

It’s a long video. I can have my wife translate a portion but I’d be in the shithouse if I asked for the entire video. Which part is most interesting for translation?
View Quote

Starting from the time stamp in the above video I posted in my above reply, it should be at 23:25 where it starts, its about a minute, maybe two max from there. In the little Russian I know they make mention of the specific AK-12 in that part of the video, and even show it off.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 9:09:00 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Starting from the time stamp in the above video I posted in my above reply, it should be at 23:25 where it starts, its about a minute, maybe two max from there. In the little Russian I know they make mention of the specific AK-12 in that part of the video, and even show it off.

Thanks!
View Quote

I’ll ask, no problem.
Link Posted: 7/12/2023 8:09:06 PM EDT
[#47]
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top