Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 12/2/2018 11:41:08 PM EDT
So I have a home build done with a Romy kit on a NDS-1 receiver. When I pull the trigger (Tapco double hook), the trigger gets "stuck" in the fired position. I can force it forward, but it won't reset the trigger then I do this. I have to pull the charging handle back an inch or two, and it will reset the trigger and be able to fire. Any ideas where to look?
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 1:11:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Do you have the hammer spring legs sitting atop the sides of the trigger?
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 1:21:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Most likely the bottom of the right hook is snagging on the receiver
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 10:23:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
This, my trigger issue with my NPAP was this. Then my m92 trigger spring leg liked to rub on my paper clip pin retainer and would impede the function of the trigger.
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 10:39:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yes
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 10:42:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Most likely the bottom of the right hook is snagging on the receiver
View Quote
I looked and didn't see anywhere where there was contact.
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 10:42:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

This, my trigger issue with my NPAP was this. Then my m92 trigger spring leg liked to rub on my paper clip pin retainer and would impede the function of the trigger.
View Quote
What was the fix?
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 10:49:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Normally the reason for this issues is the trigger springs or the hammer is backwards. Double check you hammer (everyone swears they did it right, until they realize they didn't).
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 2:12:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Normally the reason for this issues is the trigger springs or the hammer is backwards. Double check you hammer (everyone swears they did it right, until they realize they didn't).
View Quote
The most likely cause.
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 10:10:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Did you modify the Tapco double hook or the receiver? I didn't think the Tapco double hook was in any way compatible with single hook receivers.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top