Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 5/6/2021 12:25:04 AM EDT
My AK ( just one) just doesn't see at all the range time my ARs do.

With that, I do know I've really wanted a red dot. Irons and my eyes have really held me back with my AK.

A gas tube rail seems fine..

Best one and anything I should know?

Thanks for any help. I'm an AK armature and wanted to run it by here first.

Link Posted: 5/6/2021 1:43:45 PM EDT
[#1]
I have the Ultimak rail, for similar reasons, and have had good luck with it.  Only thing of note is they get kind of hot and I wouldn't recommend a red dot, with the battery on the bottom.

Link Posted: 5/6/2021 4:19:16 PM EDT
[#2]
They are great I have a take off Midwest industries if you are looking to buy. As the other user stated they can heat up but function is outstaning using the gas tube.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 11:25:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks,

I ordered an Ultimak. Seems there's a lot of satisfied users.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 12:54:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Ultimak. I have about a half dozen of them.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 12:36:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have the Ultimak rail, for similar reasons, and have had good luck with it.  Only thing of note is they get kind of hot and I wouldn't recommend a red dot, with the battery on the bottom.

https://i.imgur.com/LTRYYMI.jpg
View Quote

As much as I hate the aesthetics, the magpul handguards provide a great heat shield for the Ultimak too since they are cover the gas tube a bit
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 1:03:53 PM EDT
[#6]
^ have them
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 1:15:15 PM EDT
[#7]
You already ordered it, but I've got 2 Ultimak's too.  Very happy with using them.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 7:15:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

As much as I hate the aesthetics, the magpul handguards provide a great heat shield for the Ultimak too since they are cover the gas tube a bit
View Quote

One of the main reasons I have stuck with Magpul furniture on my AKs, that and I happen to like the Zhukov stocks.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 10:06:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

One of the main reasons I have stuck with Magpul furniture on my AKs, that and I happen to like the Zhukov stocks.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Honestly wish they made the Zhukov left folder as an option. The Zhukov didn't really play nice with the charging handle on my AK. Had to shave off a tiny bit of material. Its a no go with a CH Extension or even a cheek riser.

Seems like the Russians beat them to it
Taken from the AK12 thread

Ended up ordering a CNC warrior galil style.

But anyways Ultimak is solid
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 12:20:45 AM EDT
[#10]
Glad to hear the input.

Cant wait..

Right now it's just too slow and too much work with my eyes and stock AK irons.

I know soon I'll be able to rock it to my liking.
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 2:06:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Honestly wish they made the Zhukov left folder as an option. The Zhukov didn't really play nice with the charging handle on my AK. Had to shave off a tiny bit of material. Its a no go with a CH Extension or even a cheek riser.

Seems like the Russians beat them to it
Taken from the AK12 thread
https://i.imgur.com/dCrpaFcl.jpg

Ended up ordering a CNC warrior galil style.

But anyways Ultimak is solid
View Quote

Nice stock, but I honestly don't fold my Zhukov's.  I mainly got them for the adjustability and that they have cheap risers.  Yep, back to the Ultimak, they are solid.  Haven't had to re zero once.
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 9:02:59 PM EDT
[#12]

Good choice Ultimak's are great!
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 9:44:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 9:08:20 PM EDT
[#14]
OP here, stopping by for a little update.

Love the RDS!

I installed my UltiMAK rail along with a Primary Arms SLX. The SLX is less than half the price of any RDS I have but I wanted to give it a shot out of curiosity. Seems many are happy.
The rail looked to be of very good quality and installed super, super easy.

I went with a 25 yard zero. Two inches high and 1" left after mounting. I adjusted and the RDS moved point of impact just as it should have.

I finished up by doing some drills at 50yds on an IPSC steel.

I love the the RDS. It really became another rife. I'm only in 100 rounds, but right now I'm very pleased. It went from an ok shooting experience to really fun.

If your thinking about moving on from irons do it now. I was 4 years too late.

Link Posted: 5/16/2021 6:25:24 AM EDT
[#15]
Great to hear, enjoy your rifle!
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 5:59:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Anyone run a perst or any other laser on an ultimak? Wondering how they hold up to the heat.
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 10:18:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Anyone run a perst or any other laser on an ultimak? Wondering how they hold up to the heat.
View Quote

https://www.ar15.com/forums/AK-47/Perst-4-on-UltiMAK-/64-167970/
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 9:46:04 AM EDT
[#18]
I own the TROY railed gas tube and find it completely satisfactory.

Dont know why these are not favored more than the Ultimak as the TROY allows easy removal as it is not a semi permanent mount like the Ultimak.
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 10:24:58 AM EDT
[#19]

I have an slr rail and their gas tube.  I also have an ultimak. The slr is super nice.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top