Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 2/5/2018 5:43:14 PM EDT
Was checking out this site and found this article on the AK-47. Not bad on the info.

http://www.survivalsullivan.com/single-important-gun/
Link Posted: 2/5/2018 5:48:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Copy and paste said Article? cant access
Link Posted: 2/5/2018 5:50:02 PM EDT
[#2]
it says automatic AKs are available for 1-2k.... lol

article is garbage - gets even worse

look at this derp

This type of ammunition is absolutely devastating compared to a 5.56×45 (similar to the .223) round. The 7.62×39 round is similar to a .308 Win (7.62×51), so imagine having a Remington 700 (or 770) .308 Win that has semi-auto capabilities with a 30+ round magazine. For you hunters out there, you know what I mean when I say the devastation is incredible. Tip – NEVER chamber a .308 Win round inside of an AK-47 that is chambered in 7.62×39. You run an incredible risk of seriously damaging the rifle, as well as injuring yourself.
Link Posted: 2/5/2018 5:52:38 PM EDT
[#3]

Many preppers base their knowledge off of facts, and hate to hear opinion-based articles. I agree 100%, that’s why I’ll throw a few facts at you. You may not yet trust me if you’re a new reader, but facts won’t lie to you.

Fact – AK-47s have a higher survivability rating with mud, dirt, shock, and water (and torture tests) than their AR competition.

Fact – 7.62×39 ammunition has more initial energy than 5.56×45 (.223) ammunition does, giving the 7.62×39 ammo more power when it impacts its target up to 100 yards (but significantly less after 200 yards).

Fact – AK-47s have significantly less malfunction reports/reviews than AR-15s do.

Fact – Gas piston operation systems are proven to be more effective with rapid rates of fire compared to gas operation systems as a standalone system.

Fact – AK-47s are highly customizable, contrary to popular belief that you can’t add very much to the platform, and you’re forced to use what comes with the stock model.

Fact – 7.62×39 has a higher ballistic rating for internal damage of a body cavity than the 5.56×45 (.223) round for up to 100m.

The main reason I wrote this article, is because I’m sick and tired of “writers” or “experts” on the internet claiming to know the best weapon for you. I’ve read many articles on this, but they can’t really give me a good reason why their included weapon is the best. For this reason, I decided to combine facts, along with extensive research, and personal experiences with the weapon to feed you ample information as to why you should really look into the AK-47.

But hey this guys an expert.... Just ‘literally’ read his job tittle.

For those of you who haven’t read many of my articles, Reaper is my pen name (for my privacy). I’ve served a combined service of over five years in the U.S. Army as an Infantryman. My profession revolves around weapons, as my job title literally states “to close with, engage, and destroy the enemy”. Naturally, because of this, I know enough about weapons through my training (and through extended research) to be able to give you quality advice.

Literally, manginas the world over are wet from his bad assery resume.
Link Posted: 2/5/2018 5:52:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
it says automatic AKs are available for 1-2k.... lol

article is garbage - gets even worse

look at this derp

This type of ammunition is absolutely devastating compared to a 5.56×45 (similar to the .223) round. The 7.62×39 round is similar to a .308 Win (7.62×51), so imagine having a Remington 700 (or 770) .308 Win that has semi-auto capabilities with a 30+ round magazine. For you hunters out there, you know what I mean when I say the devastation is incredible. Tip – NEVER chamber a .308 Win round inside of an AK-47 that is chambered in 7.62×39. You run an incredible risk of seriously damaging the rifle, as well as injuring yourself.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/5/2018 6:02:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Unless its an IO made AK.
Link Posted: 2/5/2018 6:06:26 PM EDT
[#6]
I agree everyone should have at least 1 ak47. Say the same about a 556 Ar15.
Link Posted: 2/5/2018 6:08:24 PM EDT
[#7]

I appreciate a Kalashnikov and all but yeah, there's plenty of derp in that article. If you like guns in general you should own a variant sure.

ETA: I'll just drop this here for S&Gs:

Link Posted: 2/5/2018 6:16:43 PM EDT
[#8]
I thought that an AR was more mud and dirt proof because they are sealed up tighter?

LOL

red
Link Posted: 2/5/2018 6:44:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I thought that an AR was more mud and dirt proof because they are sealed up tighter?

LOL

red
View Quote
I believe so as well.
Link Posted: 2/5/2018 9:21:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Uh oh... AR15:forum makes his eyes bleed (read the comments).
Good thing bleeding eyes are not ‘literally’ in the job subscription.
Not to mention goat boy is a 90’s underage web designer.
Who knew
Link Posted: 2/5/2018 9:55:22 PM EDT
[#11]
A 308 is much more powerful than 762x39 and it won't fit in the mag.
Link Posted: 2/5/2018 10:29:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Dan F. Sullivan February 5, 2018 at 6:04 pm
The article was originally published here, so please write your counter-arguments here.

He already edited out the 90’s era junior web designer that black on grey text makes his eyes bleed comment.
He must fear the wrath of Goat Boy as all persons who care about the GALACTIC balance should......

90’s era web designer accuser Goat Boy

The powers FORCES of the Goat are strong today.
Link Posted: 2/5/2018 10:37:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I agree everyone should have at least 1 ak47. Say the same about a 556 Ar15.
View Quote
^This^
Plenty of BS out there. I love all the "unreliability" of the AR rifles. 10 years and in every environment on earth except Antarctica and the Arctic, not a malfunction had, seen or heard of by anyone that I talked with or heard of. We heard of them in other places, but carnal knowledge,,,,,,,,,,,,,not so much.
The ammo for the AK that we get in the States is pretty dismal. Yugo M67 is good stuff, as well as the 8M3 (thanks Sam), in new and old manufacture are very devastating AP rounds. The rest, not so much. That doesn't mean I want to be on the receiving end of any of them.
7.62X39 being compared to a .308 is like comparing 30-30 to 300 Win Mag.
Link Posted: 2/5/2018 11:26:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Those mud test videos are outstanding.
Link Posted: 2/6/2018 1:01:06 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Those mud test videos are outstanding.
View Quote
The one of the x95 makes me never wanna take it outside anymore.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 11:15:36 AM EDT
[#16]
"A standard AK-47 will run you between $650-$750, with the automatic AKs running between $1,000-$2000 (depending on where you get it)."

Wut?
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 1:37:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Many preppers base their knowledge off of facts, and hate to hear opinion-based articles. I agree 100%, that’s why I’ll throw a few facts at you. You may not yet trust me if you’re a new reader, but facts won’t lie to you.

Fact – AK-47s have a higher survivability rating with mud, dirt, shock, and water (and torture tests) than their AR competition.

Fact – 7.62×39 ammunition has more initial energy than 5.56×45 (.223) ammunition does, giving the 7.62×39 ammo more power when it impacts its target up to 100 yards (but significantly less after 200 yards).

Fact – AK-47s have significantly less malfunction reports/reviews than AR-15s do.

Fact – Gas piston operation systems are proven to be more effective with rapid rates of fire compared to gas operation systems as a standalone system.

Fact – AK-47s are highly customizable, contrary to popular belief that you can’t add very much to the platform, and you’re forced to use what comes with the stock model.

Fact – 7.62×39 has a higher ballistic rating for internal damage of a body cavity than the 5.56×45 (.223) round for up to 100m.

The main reason I wrote this article, is because I’m sick and tired of “writers” or “experts” on the internet claiming to know the best weapon for you. I’ve read many articles on this, but they can’t really give me a good reason why their included weapon is the best. For this reason, I decided to combine facts, along with extensive research, and personal experiences with the weapon to feed you ample information as to why you should really look into the AK-47.

But hey this guys an expert.... Just ‘literally’ read his job tittle.

For those of you who haven’t read many of my articles, Reaper is my pen name (for my privacy). I’ve served a combined service of over five years in the U.S. Army as an Infantryman. My profession revolves around weapons, as my job title literally states “to close with, engage, and destroy the enemy”. Naturally, because of this, I know enough about weapons through my training (and through extended research) to be able to give you quality advice.

Literally, manginas the world over are wet from his bad assery resume.
View Quote
Your spewing crap too.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 8:26:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Copy and paste said Article? cant access
View Quote
Don't waste your time.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 1:02:52 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 1:03:14 AM EDT
[#20]
System Message
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top