Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 4:34:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AEnemaBay] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By BlgSal:
Supra_MK3: Thank you for posting this. Quick Questions: Is that a quick detach lever on the front sling swivel? Any chance you could take a picture of it from the side?
View Quote

It's basically a copy of the Magpul MS3 sling with the same clasp mech. It's just more rough in finish and execution.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 6:52:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By AEnemaBay:

It's basically a copy of the Magpul MS3 sling with the same clasp mech. It's just more rough in finish and execution.
View Quote

Thanks for the response. It is an interesting design!
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 7:07:39 PM EDT
[#3]

View Quote

I agree, and it's odd that all of the hardware is metal and not polymer.  It's a quality sling, but it seems unnecessary.  There really wouldn't be a reason to get this sling if it wasn't for the proprietary QD cup on the AK-12.
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 4:36:05 PM EDT
[#4]
It's a shame that Greg got "taken out" as I was looking at his AN-94 parts kit. I was interested in having an AN-94 or work on a AN-94 chambered in 9mm.
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 2:38:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Bump because I’m excited to hear the progress on this
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 10:01:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AEnemaBay] [#6]
Originally Posted By Silkyjla30:
Bump because I’m excited to hear the progress on this
View Quote

I've been waiting to get my front trunnion back from having the gas tube TIG welded to it, and when I did it was extremely crooked. They're going to take it back and fix it, but that's holding things up again (I made a simple jig for them to use this time). I also had to send my barrel back because the chamber wasn't cut correctly. So it had to go back to the chrome shop to have the chrome stripped, then back to the barrel maker to have the correct chamber cut, back again to the chrome shop to be chrome lined, again back to the maker, and then finally back to me. On another note, however, I did luck into another kit that I'll be making into an AK-15.
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 12:59:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 1:12:11 PM EDT
[#8]
That sucks the barrel needs some work. I really wish we could get more of these kits i the country as I want to build one. Not like I don't have too many AKs in my trash can storage area, but there is always room for one more. These threads remind me of the first builds of other rifle kits before a market is formed around them. A lot of hit and miss on parts and lots of money spent to get something cool.
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 1:48:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Hope it turns out well. Sucks to hear about the issues with importing more AK-12 parts.
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 4:28:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Capt_Destro] [#10]
@AEnemaBay

Not sure if you came across a rear sight yet.

I wonder if this could make due until you find some more legit parts? I'm not a fan of using airsoft shit but how bad could a rear sight/picatinny ramp be? If I recall when they first started converting SL8 to G36 they had to make due with some airsoft shit at first. Blasphemy I know

Link

I was tempted to grab one to mount on a TWS Dogleg since I'm not a fan of their peep sight.

Edit:

Disregard, I reread the first post and it looks like you secured a legit one. Ah well if anyone needs an AK12/AK15 style sight here it is.
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 4:48:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Capt_Destro:
@AEnemaBay

I wonder if this could make due until you find some more legit parts? I'm not a fan of using airsoft shit but how bad could a rear sight/picatinny ramp be? If I recall when they first started converting SL8 to G36 they had to make due with some airsoft shit at first. Blasphemy I know
https://www.evike.com/images/large/lct-15585.jpg

Link

I was tempted to grab one to mount on a TWS Dogleg since I'm not a fan of their peep sight.

Edit:

Disregard, I reread the first post and it looks like you secured a legit one. Ah well if anyone needs an AK12/AK15 style sight here it is.
View Quote

I actually did get one of those for a special project I'm working on. They won't work as there's no actual ramp built into them for elevation purposes. But the sight itself works for windage like the real thing. Also, they use pointed set screws for retention that are meant to dig into the rail. Not something most people would want without modifications.
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 4:50:46 PM EDT
[#12]

I actually did get one of those for a special project I'm working on. They won't work as there's no actual ramp built into them for elevation purposes. But the sight itself works for windage like the real thing. Also, they use pointed set screws for retention that are meant to dig into the rail. Not something most people would want without modifications.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
@AEnemaBay

https://www.evike.com/images/large/lct-15585.jpg

Link

Edit:

I can see that being a pain, but I wonder if you could just use Nylon tipped set screws? I think Griffin M2 Buis lock down the same way. Not ideal I know

Link Posted: 4/30/2021 5:55:52 PM EDT
[#13]
I completely forgot to update that I got my hands on a few of the new AK-EVO stocks a while back. These are what the AK-12 should have shipped with initially, but honestly I still think it's cool how they retain the cleaning kit in the AR type stock.

Link Posted: 5/2/2021 12:35:22 AM EDT
[#14]
I completely forgot to update that I got my hands on a few of the new AK-EVO stocks a while back. These are what the AK-12 should have shipped with initially, but honestly I still think it's cool how they retain the cleaning kit in the AR type stock.

https://i.imgur.com/aoZBwE5l.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/dCrpaFcl.jpg
View Quote

Are you going to run it with the "EVO" stock or the older one? Curious witch one is more comfortable.
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 12:40:55 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By BlgSal:

Are you going to run it with the "EVO" stock or the older one? Curious witch one is more comfortable.
View Quote

I'll be keeping one original and modifying another one with the EVO.
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 1:41:20 AM EDT
[#16]

I'll be keeping one original and modifying another one with the EVO.
View Quote

Looking forward to seeing pics (as usual).
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 1:59:45 AM EDT
[#17]

View Quote

nice...

who sells those?
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 4:42:01 PM EDT
[#18]

View Quote

are these Russian or aftermarket?

For sale anywhere?
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 5:05:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AEnemaBay] [#19]
Originally Posted By Finslayer83:

are these Russian or aftermarket?

For sale anywhere?
View Quote

They're Russian, made by Kalashnikov Concern. It used to be hard to get them (and expensive), but now ishooter.ru is selling them:

https://ishooter.ru/en/product/priklad-teleskopicheskii-dlya-ak-saiga-saiga-9.html

You have to give them some time to fully process your order. You order through them, they forward the order to 4shooters located in Florida to pay, then it's sent back to ishooter in Russia then finally shipped from Russia. But I've always received my items. Shipping will be higher since they use EMS for international shipping, but you should get it within a month as opposed to 3-6 months with airmail.

ETA: Also note that this will not be a drop-in stock for AK-74M or other 5.5mm rifles that require a latch installed in the front trunnion to latch the stock. These use the new AK-12/15/19 style locking mechanisms, which the stock doesn't come with. Also, also, note that the QD sockets are like the AK-12 stock sockets, in that they don't work with QD swivels that we use the US.
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 3:29:48 AM EDT
[#20]

They're Russian, made by Kalashnikov Concern. It used to be hard to get them (and expensive), but now ishooter.ru is selling them:

https://ishooter.ru/en/product/priklad-teleskopicheskii-dlya-ak-saiga-saiga-9.html

You have to give them some time to fully process your order. You order through them, they forward the order to 4shooters located in Florida to pay, then it's sent back to ishooter in Russia then finally shipped from Russia. But I've always received my items. Shipping will be higher since they use EMS for international shipping, but you should get it within a month as opposed to 3-6 months with airmail.

ETA: Also note that this will not be a drop-in stock for AK-74M or other 5.5mm rifles that require a latch installed in the front trunnion to latch the stock. These use the new AK-12/15/19 style locking mechanisms, which the stock doesn't come with. Also, also, note that the QD sockets are like the AK-12 stock sockets, in that they don't work with QD swivels that we use the US.
View Quote

Thank you for the source! Almost paid... a lot more from a Russian seller directly. OOS now but I'll sign up.
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 7:50:36 AM EDT
[#21]
yeah - unfortunately out of stock but that looked like exactly what I am trying to find...

Anyone's make something similar that would install on a stamped frame with a side folding trunion already installed?
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 2:18:05 PM EDT
[#22]
Unfortunately not, there's nothing else similar from Russia and you need the special latch and spring for sure. You could look for a user on AKfiles named "Gorgoth" who sells the springs and latches but he has a high price and can be a bit prickly to deal with. I don't know of any other source. Honestly for a normal folder I'd recommend the Zenitco or ASPAK stocks. They're frankly better than the AK-19, but I understand wanting the rarest one too.
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 10:49:24 AM EDT
[#23]
Zenitco it is... I have located one - is Dissident Arms GTG?
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 11:07:05 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By heron163:
Zenitco it is... I have located one - is Dissident Arms GTG?
View Quote

Yeah. I've ordered from them a few times.
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 6:06:29 PM EDT
[#25]

View Quote

Does your evo stock cant to the left? For some reason mine is canted to the left unlike the standard AK12 stock
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 7:43:34 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By jeffhsu95:

Does your evo stock cant to the left? For some reason mine is canted to the left unlike the standard AK12 stock
View Quote

Not that I remember. I have everything apart for final paint and assembly currently.
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 2:03:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FriendlyLocalYugo] [#27]

View Quote

Can you post a picture?
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 7:29:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jeffhsu95] [#28]
non
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 12:50:05 PM EDT
[#29]
https://imgur.com/toVSJmA
View Quote

Wow that looks pretty bad...
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 1:41:39 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By FriendlyLocalYugo:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By FriendlyLocalYugo:
https://imgur.com/toVSJmA

It happens more often than you'd think with this style of side folder. There's a pad on the face of the stock that allows for some adjustment (by filing or milling), but it's meant to adjust it in relation to the lock, not to make it straight.
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 2:20:37 PM EDT
[#31]
Dissident promptly shipped my Zenitco stuff to finish my kind of/sort of AK-105 Tarkov larper special lol...

There were two options : 5.5 mm (in stock) and 4.5 mm (OOS). I believe that dimension referee to the trunion depth? It is a Bulgarian side folding trunion... am getting the 5.5 - hope it fits

Link Posted: 5/14/2021 3:06:31 PM EDT
[#32]
Dissident promptly shipped my Zenitco stuff to finish my kind of/sort of AK-105 Tarkov larper special lol...

There were two options : 5.5 mm (in stock) and 4.5 mm (OOS). I believe that dimension referee to the trunion depth? It is a Bulgarian side folding trunion... am getting the 5.5 - hope it fits

View Quote

It refers to pin size and angle of the trunnion. Bulgarian trunnions are 4.5mm.
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 6:19:08 PM EDT
[#33]

It refers to pin size and angle of the trunnion. Bulgarian trunnions are 4.5mm.
View Quote

thanks - I did get the Zenitco adapter to 4.5 mm so I will see if it works...
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 3:26:04 PM EDT
[#34]
Dissident arms is GTG - got everything

just waiting for some other stuff that is less essential...

anyone know who (in US) has a RP-1 bolt handle in stock?
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 4:02:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Capt_Destro] [#35]
Dissident arms is GTG - got everything

just waiting for some other stuff that is less essential...

anyone know who (in US) has a RP-1 bolt handle in stock?
View Quote

Is this the one?
https://4shooters.com/product/zenitco-rp-1-rp-1-ak-charge-handle.html
https://www.akstuff.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=64
Link Posted: 6/16/2021 9:27:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AEnemaBay] [#36]
Took me way longer than it should have but it's finally all together except for some pieces that I'm experimenting with. Test fire then paint is all that's left. Then onto the AK-15.

Link Posted: 6/16/2021 10:11:44 PM EDT
[#37]
That's beautiful.
Link Posted: 6/16/2021 10:27:39 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By ThatGuy01:
That's beautiful.
View Quote

I was thinking the same thing. Badass rifle!
Link Posted: 6/16/2021 10:42:52 PM EDT
[#39]
Very nice
Link Posted: 6/17/2021 9:13:49 AM EDT
[#40]
very nice - can you post up a shot of the other side? TY
Link Posted: 6/17/2021 1:43:29 PM EDT
[#41]
very nice - can you post up a shot of the other side? TY
View Quote

Sure.

Link Posted: 6/17/2021 1:55:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AEnemaBay] [#42]
Previously I said that I was experimenting with those airsoft AK-12 rear sight bases and I finally finished it today. The AK-12 rear peep sight is extremely small. Too small for a combat rifle, IMHO. I really like the KNS adjustable AK rear sight, but as is, it will not work with the AK-12 rear sight base that mounts to the rail. Obviously, I wasn't excited about machining the actual AK-12 base given their scarcity, so in comes the airsoft version. It's actually made from steel, and doesn't have any actual elevation ramps built into it like a real base does. This is perfect for the KNS because it doesn't rely on them. The KNS allows you to change the aperature size (comes with different sizes) while allowing you to still adjust for windage and have a finer elevation adjustment. A little time in the mill and here's the result:

I also threaded the barrel under the muzzle brake since that's more useful to me to run a suppressor. I do, however, have a design for a QD suppressor that uses the AK-12's unique muzzle attachment system. But it'll probably be quite a while before I get to it.

When I do toss a suppressor on there, I picked up this adjustable gas regulator from Russia. It's a very loose fit in the gas block, and I'll have to fix that or else it'll just drive me crazy. It's a very simple device that has a slanted cut on it that gradually covers the gas port as it turns as opposed to having variable hole sizes:

Also decided to throw a Rakurs-PM on there. Absolute tank of an optic:

Next is to change the magazine release to a larger paddle. After that I think I'll be done until I can find or design a suitable MLOK rail. Vector-7.62 in Russia makes one, but I'm not a fan of the style. Another company is Russia makes one that I like much better, but they don't ship to the US at this time (they said that they're working on international shipping).
Link Posted: 6/17/2021 4:36:56 PM EDT
[#43]
Previously I said that I was experimenting with those airsoft AK-12 rear sight bases and I finally finished it today. The AK-12 rear peep sight is extremely small. Too small for a combat rifle, IMHO. I really like the KNS adjustable AK rear sight, but as is, it will not work with the AK-12 rear sight base that mounts to the rail. Obviously, I wasn't excited about machining the actual AK-12 base given their scarcity, so in comes the airsoft version. It's actually made from steel, and doesn't have any actual elevation ramps built into it like a real base does. This is perfect for the KNS because it doesn't rely on them. The KNS allows you to change the aperature size (comes with different sizes) while allowing you to still adjust for windage and have a finer elevation adjustment. A little time in the mill and here's the result:

https://i.imgur.com/hxtSgBel.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/h43hAcml.jpg

I also threaded the barrel under the muzzle brake since that's more useful to me to run a suppressor. I do, however, have a design for a QD suppressor that uses the AK-12's unique muzzle attachment system. But it'll probably be quite a while before I get to it.

https://i.imgur.com/NvbFynAl.jpg

When I do toss a suppressor on there, I picked up this adjustable gas regulator from Russia. It's a very loose fit in the gas block, and I'll have to fix that or else it'll just drive me crazy. It's a very simple device that has a slanted cut on it that gradually covers the gas port as it turns as opposed to having variable hole sizes:

https://i.imgur.com/hbcsS4kl.jpg

Also decided to throw a Rakurs-PM on there. Absolute tank of an optic:

https://i.imgur.com/K9G1ACyl.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/sr6DSHXl.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/aHPRBdIl.jpg

Next is to change the magazine release to a larger paddle. After that I think I'll be done until I can find or design a suitable MLOK rail. Vector-7.62 in Russia makes one, but I'm not a fan of the style. Another company is Russia makes one that I like much better, but they don't ship to the US at this time (they said that they're working on international shipping).
View Quote

Seems like a PITA to find Russian made Mlok stuff. They are bent on Keymod or w/e Zenitco Uses.

Alfa Arms might make something decent.
Link Posted: 6/17/2021 4:42:10 PM EDT
[#44]

Seems like a PITA to find Russian made Mlok stuff. They are bent on Keymod or w/e Zenitco Uses.

Alfa Arms might make something decent.
View Quote

I wouldn't mind Keymod. I'm sure in the near future more will come out for the AK-12 in Russia and I'll hopefully be able to snag something. Sureshot Armament teased at releasing an AK-12 rail a year or so ago, but I'm not holding my breathe.
Link Posted: 6/17/2021 11:26:18 PM EDT
[#45]
Previously I said that I was experimenting with those airsoft AK-12 rear sight bases and I finally finished it today. The AK-12 rear peep sight is extremely small. Too small for a combat rifle, IMHO.
View Quote

There was a fella building a pic rail adapter for the AR guys that allowed the use of a standard notched sight. I think you might reach out to him across the street, and see if he designed one ak12 height: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2920368/
Link Posted: 6/22/2021 5:45:27 PM EDT
[#46]
Awesome work! I'm very jealous
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 2:32:57 AM EDT
[#47]
looking really good!

I am surprised no one in the US is making an aftermarket front gas block that is AK12 style (opens in front)
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 7:15:46 AM EDT
[#48]
Fortunately you can get them from Russia - I have a LAC one on my MAK90 and it's nice for cleaning and taming the recoil impulse.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 4:39:24 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By ThatGuy01:
Fortunately you can get them from Russia - I have a LAC one on my MAK90 and it's nice for cleaning and taming the recoil impulse.
View Quote

could you share your source?

thanks!
Link Posted: 10/31/2021 3:03:15 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 5
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top