Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/31/2022 2:58:44 PM EDT
Picked one of these up a few weeks ago, and finally got it out to the range last night. Only put one 20 round mag through it. I don't know anything about this platform, so any help is appreciated.

First, the doohickey I circled below, popped out a few rounds in. I stuck it back in and finished the mag, but it was out again when I was done. I don't know how it's supposed to anchored, but it just seems to be sitting kind of snug in the hole.

Attachment Attached File

B. All of my brass ended up beat all to shit. I didn't keep any of it, but all of them were dented in about the middle of the body, and at the mouth. Is that the norm? I don't actually reload currently, but I generally keep my brass just in case.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/1/2022 12:31:31 AM EDT
[#1]
The dented brass is normal. The dust cover retainer thing is not. I’ve seen reports of this happening but never firsthand. Can you tell if it’s a spring issue or an issue with the circular piece itself?

Either way I doubt IWI will send you parts, you’ll likely have to send them the gun
Link Posted: 9/1/2022 6:52:38 PM EDT
[#2]
If there was a spring, it probably flew off to that other dimension where all the other small gun parts go.

The back side of this thing just has a nipple with a little lip which holds it place a bit. But you can pop it out easily.
Link Posted: 9/2/2022 9:35:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: themao] [#3]
Call IWI. They will send you a new one.

https://iwi.us/product/galil-ace-cover-plate-kit-7-62-nato/

Yes, Galils and all AKs I’ve seen in 308 chew up brass
Link Posted: 9/2/2022 5:42:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys. That's all I needed.
Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top