Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 11/23/2020 9:51:07 PM EDT
Hey

I am having any Izzy parts kit built. I have a tortort receiver.  I am looking to get a new barrel.  Does anyone have any recommendations for parts that would be 922 compliant.
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 8:20:27 PM EDT
[#1]
You need 5 US parts.

If you have a tortort receiver and US barrel, you got 2.  You can use a US AK FCG for the remaining 3.

Check out CNC Warrior they make US galil pistons and muzzle devices, not sure if in stock.

There are US copies of the galil grip, or you can file a US AK grip to clear the thumb selector.
Link Posted: 11/26/2020 11:21:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Or buy a Tapco mag. Made in the USA, & 3 more parts. Keep it close by for when the ATF shows up, for their inspection. Many builders depend on a US mag to get the required number of US parts. Also remember, not one person has ever been arrested for a wrong parts count. No trigger group is as good as the real original imported group. GARY.
Link Posted: 11/26/2020 11:46:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Or buy a Tapco mag. Made in the USA, & 3 more parts. Keep it close by for when the ATF shows up, for their inspection. Many builders depend on a US mag to get the required number of US parts. Also remember, not one person has ever been arrested for a wrong parts count. No trigger group is as good as the real original imported group. GARY.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/26/2020 8:17:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
No trigger group is as good as the real original imported group. GARY.
View Quote

Very true, the factory galil trigger group is one of the best.
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 11:39:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

ATI did it.
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 11:23:07 AM EDT
[#6]
My understanding of the emphasis of 922r was that an imported weapon could not have more than 10 non-US designated parts on it.
Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top