Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 12/3/2017 3:00:04 PM EDT
Anyone have any idea what an 84 underfolder with long barrel should go for? The one I’m looking at appears to have been caught in the ban process. The front sight block hasn’t been de-fanged but the bayo lug is gone. It appears that it can still accept a cleaning rod. The brake is tack welded but it’s a odd brake I’ve never seen on a Chinese rifle in that it’s not much longer that a muzzle nut but is almost star shaped. It has Tapco furniture on it and the original hand guards come with it but no original grip or rod. 1-30 rounder and 2-5 or maybe 10 rounders included. It looks clean and I can acquire the needed items for a complete furniture set.
Link Posted: 12/6/2017 2:06:36 AM EDT
[#1]
What do you mean by long barrel? Iv got a caught in transit mak90 that has front fangs and the muzzle nut was never welded. Was unfired when i got it a couple years ago. If its a 16" barrel it will indeed accept a cleaning rod and the original AK bayonet as well. That is why later Maks had the fangs removed.
Link Posted: 12/6/2017 10:02:48 AM EDT
[#2]
This one has a welded muzzle nut, un-neutered front sight and ground off bayo lug. It has a small CAI import stamp on the barrel, small "Mak90" on the right side of the receiver but all the original factory stamping on the left side is present to include the triangle 66 and 84s-1. The underfolder locks up very nicely. I've learned it's possibly one that was originally imported to Canada then CAI brought them to the US. Canada's minimum barrel length was 18". I need to measure it with the bolt close to confirm the length but it appears to be at least 18". My guess is this one was already here when the ban hit so it didn't get the full post-ban treatment.
Link Posted: 12/6/2017 12:47:47 PM EDT
[#3]
On a closed bolt, barrel length is approx 19.25". Muzzle break tack weld has now been successfully broken and slant brake installed. Just need to add the bayo lug or replace the GB with a Polish or Bulgarian. Not sure if this model used a standard length cleaning rod or not but it does seem to fit fine.
Link Posted: 12/6/2017 5:31:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/6/2017 6:08:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Well, it wasn’t  intended to be so sorry. I bought it so no need to for input on what would be fair to pay. Im really more interested in trying to figure out more about the oddities of this particular rifle. Sorry for the confusion.
Link Posted: 6/5/2018 8:24:10 AM EDT
[#6]
I have one of these it's marked 84s-1in the normal location and Mak90 on the right side of the receiver. The barrel is about 19 inches.

I paid about 1 k for it. It came with a odd thumbhole fixed stock mounted. Shapped diifferent than other MAK 90' stocks, when I removed the stock it revealed that the receiver was drilled and ready for a underfolder stock to be installed.The rear trunnion is a normal underfolder type. The odd thumbhole stock was used to cover up the mounting area pivot for the underfolder. There was no mounting stub for the full stock welded to the receiver as most MAK90 under folders have had done to them. This only mounted with the pistol grip screw. Nothing more.

If you look close the muzzle nut it is actually a type 84s birdcage flash hider that was cut in half then polished where cut and then tack welded to the muzzle to cover the threads.. very unique. And well done too they even camfered the edges of the 'Star' where it was cut.
Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top