Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/7/2022 5:11:48 PM EDT
Just throwing this out there, I've been casually looking for ACE x39 pistols and have been debating which barrel length is the way to go.  I would LOVE an 11, but it seems we are at shorty short or practically the rifle for lengths.  

I am leaning towards the 8.5, but I never curious to hear the pros and cons and any practical experience anyone may have.  Will likely set it up with some low irons and a simple red dot btw.
Link Posted: 1/7/2022 8:10:34 PM EDT
[#1]
123 grain projectile velocities
2400 from 20"
2350 from 16"
2250 from 12.5"
2100 from 10.5"
2000 from 9"
Link Posted: 1/8/2022 1:32:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Yep, looking at a little under 2k feet per second with the shorter barrel option.  That's a hell of a big chop.
Link Posted: 1/11/2022 6:24:50 PM EDT
[#3]
I've owned all three lengths of 7.62x39mm Galil ACE's.

The pistol had tremendous muzzle flash and was very loud. Suppressor was only somewhat effective and you still got the flash out of the end of the can. I would also say there wasn't enough rail space. Not really practical.

The 13" suppresses well, loses very little velocity as compared to the 16" and is handier. I might actually ditch my gen 1 16" ACE altogether.
Link Posted: 1/11/2022 10:10:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the experience, greatly appreciated.  I have been in a class with a friend who ran his eight and a half inch 5.45 w/a big brake, the thing barked.  I don't know, I really think I need to get my grubby little mitts on both and go from there.  My ORIGINAL plan was to shoot a one day IWI AK class in central PA in the summer and use one of their loaners (which they typically gave a purchase option).  Unfortunately the loaner program is not happening at the moment... probably due to the availability (or lack there of) of their rifles.

With that in mind, I may still try to shoot w/an AK and look at getting a hand on whatever ACE sticks they have on site.
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 1:29:49 AM EDT
[#5]
My 762x39 Bren 2 is 9". Last time I shot it I had plugs in, muffs on, and I still got a headache. Id lean more towards 13", but I agree, 11" would be sweet.
Link Posted: 6/16/2022 12:05:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Speaking of the 13", anyone seen one in-stock recently?
Link Posted: 6/18/2022 6:28:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Just throwing this out there, I've been casually looking for ACE x39 pistols and have been debating which barrel length is the way to go.  I would LOVE an 11, but it seems we are at shorty short or practically the rifle for lengths.  

I am leaning towards the 8.5, but I never curious to hear the pros and cons and any practical experience anyone may have.  Will likely set it up with some low irons and a simple red dot btw.
View Quote
@SnaitN

I've been casually considering selling my 8.5 ACE.
It only has 10 rounds through it.
Decided I like my ZPAP M92 Alpha better.
Let me know if you're interested.
Link Posted: 6/18/2022 6:28:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Speaking of the 13", anyone seen one in-stock recently?
View Quote
I wish
Link Posted: 7/3/2022 10:06:11 PM EDT
[#9]
I own a 8.5” gen 1 SBR in 7.62x39. I put a Surefire 3 prong SOCOM FH on it, along with a KNS adjustable gas piston. With my SOCOM 762 suppressor, I love it to death. Bar none my favorite rifle (even more than my SAM-5 I hate to say). No, it is not .300 blackout quiet, but it is quiet enough with ear protection. It is a great house clearing tool and for use 100 yards in IMHO.

I must admit though, that a 13” makes more sense for 200-300 yards in and general purpose use. I would have bought a 13” had it been available at the time. 100 yards in, I don’t honestly think you lose very much.

I have too many rifles right now, but I wish I could add a 13”. I would hate to sell my gen 1 16” to replace it with a 13”.
Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top