Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 2/2/2021 10:35:51 PM EDT
Was given 10 rounds of the pictured ammunition. All have the same head stamp and are soft point. I’m looking for any other information. Can it be determined whether it’s corrosive or not from the photos? I’ll be shooting them in a new Ruger American Ranch rifle and don’t want to screw it up.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 11:10:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Made by Barnaul in Russia circa 1995. 123 gr. Soft point.

I don't recall any Barnaul commercial loads like this being known to have corrosive primers.
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 11:35:01 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't know if that ammo is corrosive but if it is, it will not hurt your rifle if---IF--- you clean it with hot soapy water followed by good water displacing oil (WD40) then good preservative oil such as ATF.  To be safe, clean soon after firing on the day of firing and on each of three succeeding days.  I have an M1 a Mauser and Manlicher that have digested hundreds of corrosive rounds while in my possession with no harm to bore or operating system.   Shoot your rifle and have fun.
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 8:30:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 10:13:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Thank you for the replies.
Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top