Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 11/3/2022 11:45:24 AM EDT
I was surprised to not see this posted yet. TFB
Hornady announced a 255gr Sub-X load in 7.62x39. I wonder if it will stabilize and cycle. If it stabilizes in a 1/9.5” twist, a Ruger American Ranch would be a pretty appealing silencer host.
Link Posted: 11/3/2022 11:53:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Here we go again.

Search in GD.  There is a rather large thread about how it makes the 300AAC obsolete. Myself, I don't think it will stabilize worth a damn in a Combloc barrel.  Might be useful in the Ruger American.
Link Posted: 11/3/2022 12:01:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/3/2022 1:20:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Sorry for the dupe. I looked around in the places I would have expected to see it before I posted, but I don’t go into GD much. Too much of a “post often, read never” vibe for me.

I, too, am doubtful about its stability. 255gr sounds like a whole lot of bullet for an AK. I would guess they wanted it to cycle unsuppressed.

I’ll try to find that other thread later.
Link Posted: 11/3/2022 2:12:32 PM EDT
[#4]
About a week ago.

Yes. Probably stabilizes. Brown bear for me has been no issue.  Just adjustments for recoil springs.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 10:47:50 PM EDT
[#5]
I hope it works well in my CZ.
Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top