Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » PSA AK
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 5/15/2023 9:03:38 PM EDT
Hey guys, the new 5.56 mags are having binding issues with the followers, this is forcing pressure on the lips and has cracked a users

What’s the plan to fix them?
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 9:26:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Wieger mags are the answer.

Not sure what you're using now.  But the Wiegers are built like tank.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 9:32:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By M-60:
Wieger mags are the answer.

Not sure what you're using now.  But the Wiegers are built like tank.
View Quote

Sorry that’s a bit off topic

PSA just released their new steel reinforced 5.56 AK mags, lots of 5.56 AK owners were ecstatic about these and initial reports are they are fitting every gun unlike Weigers, however they have bent followers
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 9:17:55 AM EDT
[#3]
All four of my magazines have warped/bent followers that do not allow the spring to contract enough for more than 20 rounds to be inserted into the magazine. In another forum, every user who received theirs has the same problem. I don't want to share their pictures without permission.

PSA, is it possible to send us new followers for these? I called Customer Service today and they could only offer a return/exchange.
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 10:18:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MAKAK47] [#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Horrible_Aim:
All four of my magazines have warped/bent followers that do not allow the spring to contract enough for more than 20 rounds to be inserted into the magazine. In another forum, every user who received theirs has the same problem. I don't want to share their pictures without permission.

PSA, is it possible to send us new followers for these? I called Customer Service today and they could only offer a return/exchange.
View Quote

I was probably looking at the same forum, but a couple guys put WBP followers and springs from their 5.56 mags into the PSA mag bodies and they work perfect, so it’s clearly a bent follower issue, can we just get new followers instead of sending them back?  Seems nuts to do a FULL exchange
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 3:23:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Talking with PSA: it was a small batch, if your followers are bent, contact:
[email protected]
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 10:57:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 8:24:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Ordered three.  
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 11:01:44 PM EDT
[#8]
I’ll definitely be ordering more when the next colors are available!

Any timeline on those? Haha
Page AK-47 » PSA AK
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top